How to reserve products in a PO from orders

EIZO_MAN
2005-06-04
2013-05-02
  • EIZO_MAN

EIZO_MAN - 2005-06-04

We are considering Compiere for our distribution operation but we are not shure if it is suitable.

We are trying to find out of there is a way to reserve products in a purchase order that is sent to a supplier against incoming orders from customers.

Consider this scenario:

We have received two incoming purchase orders. One from CUSTOMER A and one from CUSTOMER B.
    CUSTOMER A has ordered  10 pcs. product of type X1000 and CUSTOMER B has ordered 20 pcs. of product type Y2000. Both products happens to be from the same supplier (SUPPLIER C ).
    We do not have X1000 or Y2000 in stock, therefore we have to order them by placing a purchase order to SUPPLIER C for 10 pcs. X1000 and 20 pcs. Y2000.

When we receive the goods from SUPPLIER C it is packed in one box.
    The employees at the warehouse wants to know if theese products are reserved for customers or if they are to be places in to the warehouse shelfs.  The question is: is there a way to link orders from customers AGAINST a purchase order to a supplier ?

(I would call it to make a reservation of goods. )

In case it is, how do we do that ?

Do we need any extra modules for this ? In case what ?

Any inout will be greatly appreciated !

Regards
    Morten Hansen

• lofx

lofx - 2005-06-06

Hi!!!!

you may know that there is already a tool in Compiere for creating purchase orders to suppliers directly based in sales orders from customers............... as from there, you may need to create additional line in the java process that creates those purchase orders indicating to reference, for example in the description field, a line indicating that that purchase order is created from the sales orders. If you have developer skills for compiere, you may find a similar example in the split receipts created from confirmations, where a tex is written in the description field of the created recepit......................

Hope this helps,

Regards,

• reinier

reinier - 2006-03-25

Hello,

Browsing through the posts in order to find an answer/solution for my problem, i stumpled across this one.

My problem is similar to the one Eizo described and found out the following:

LOFX refers to the process create 'PO from SO' in order to get a link between PO and SO. The process already creates the orderreference in the PO. Then there is the suggestion to add some lines in the java-code to add the reference in, for example, the description-field on the SO.

But the process 'Create PO from SO' already does that. It actually populates the field 'Order-reference' on the Sales-order Header-tab.

But there is a downside: It only does that if there's one orderline. Understandible because there's an 1:n relation (SO:PO) In case of multiple-lines on the SO, Compiere leaves the field empty.

However, there is a field 'Referenced Order Line' on the order-line tab which could take care of that problem but it looks that it's not used at all.

I'm on version 2.5.3a. Don't know if my findings are new since this thread started when Compiere was on 2.5.2.

I'm starting to get to the point where I question the intensive use of the process in a real life situation:
        - The process does not check if SO was previously 'hit' by it. So control over the SO-process totally depends on the user. Processing a SO twice will actually result in a new PO.
        - The user has no Compiere-Standard tools/reports  for this control-function since PO-references on the SO or SO-line are not or only partially updated. 

Perhaps i'm missing something but i'm curious about how other people manage this process of one-to-one purchasing on the basis of salesorders in compiere.

Greatfull to hear about all the experiences and perhaps technical solutions?

Regards,

Reinier

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks