• fredtsang

fredtsang - 2004-12-29

Hi,

Does anybody have a suggestion in how, I should do this:

I have a sales order with the different products for example:

4 Red T-Shirt L       
    2 Red T-Shirt M
    8 Red T-Shirt S

However when I print my purchase order I do not want to have the 3 of them showing but only one line

14 Red T-Shirt

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Frederick Tsang

• lofx

lofx - 2004-12-29

Hi!!!

this is only a wild guess, as i haven't looked into the exact codes, but i guess you have to go to the print format and tell it not to filter by attribute instances for printing.
      Infoproduct.java, the one used for displaying the info of the products would be a good starting point to take a look at how the app deals with attributes.
      This considering is the same product. if you a have a different product for each size the thing changes completely.

hope this helps.................

Regards

• fredtsang

fredtsang - 2004-12-30

Hi lofx,

Thx for the info. However I have managed to solve my problem without having to alter the Infoproduct.java.

I created another view on the top of the C_ORDER_LINE_TAX view. I also use the DOCUMENT NOTE in PRODUCT to sort of give the product another CATEGORY. I could use something else but that was the quickest way.

So all My
      RED L T-SHIRT
      RED M T-SHIRT
      RED S T-SHIRT

have the same Document Note
      RED T-SHIRT.

I then grouped all my order lines according to the DOCUMENT NOTE. I added the additional columns and the sums.

That gave me the product line as I wanted. However the tax was still an issue because no name was being printed for the tax. So I did used the NAME but renamed the column as a DOCUMENT NOTE in the SELECT statement.

Of course I use a UNION after that to get the appropriate TAX and the Product Lines.

Anybody interested in the full solution.

Do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Frederick Tsang

• lofx

lofx - 2004-12-30

Hi!!!

it is great that you got a solution............. in case we ever have to do something similar we will contact you..................

As my friend red1 says, Community Work is great for all....................... ;)

Regards,