Compiere with MySQL - How To?

gustav
2007-02-13
2013-05-02
  • gustav

gustav - 2007-02-13

I can see somebody (Compiere Brazil?) is already offering Compiere with PgSQL! :-)
    Anybody around offering Compiere with MySQL!?
    I've also tried to find some info on how to install/set up Compiere with MySQL but very hard to find!?
    Any/all info re Compiere with MySQL would be appriciated!!!
    Thx in advance:-)

• petershen

petershen - 2007-02-16

Hi,
         as I know, jazzerp (http://www.jazzerp.org/) do some work on mysql, for little or much.
         and aslo I tried some same work at my spare time, (just for fun), you can see here:
      http://www.erp100.com/thread-8291-1-1.html, I finished the connection and all the tables, but still a lot of work.

what needs to do is: convert the tables, data, views, into mysql, which is not very difficult actually, and change some code in dbport, to add DB class and some convertor.

but that is a lot of work.

By the way, what is problem with PG? it is free.  (while mysql is not for commercial user).

Regards,
      Peter Shen

• gustav

gustav - 2007-02-17

"Gung hay fat choy!" (for me= "HKG") or should I say "gong xi fa cai!" to you?
        "Shen" .... hmmm, S.por or Taiwan or?
        Nevertheless, THX for the info and input; APPRICIATED!
        No real problem with PG= I can go both ways; MY or PG because our remote (Linux) server has/support both DB's.
        I just "choose" My because I was testing the NavicatMySQL admin tool; smooth/easy to connect to our MySQL DB at our Linux server.
        What I really like to study is how easy/smooth it could be to run the DB part of Compiere on remote server and working with the clien from desk top and/or laptop?
        I know Compiere supports remote and have some kind of web functionality but how easy/smooth in real use?
        Seems there would still be quite some work to be done to put up Compiere on MySQL!?
        How about PG= any ready "pack"?
        rgds.Gustav

• petershen

petershen - 2007-02-20

Hi, thanks.
        I'm using adempiere, a fork of compiere (http://sourceforge.net/projects/adempiere), it has a pg version, it seems stable so far.

in real use?  we have a production system, which has 20+ branches in different locations in China, we use ms remote desktop and web as well, it is smooth, (of course we improved the web functions by ourselves, becourse we use a old version, compiere 251c).

Thanks,
      Peter Shen

• gustav

gustav - 2007-02-20

Thx (again) for your prompt reply! :-)
      Actually, I earlier had a quick look @ the "adempiere" and maybe worth to study? However, Compiere has been around for some time! I’m not sure that when people depart for something same-“new” only coz they’re not “happy” it will automatically result in a better product/set up??? We live to learn and find out!?
      Don’t get me wrong, I lift my hat and support full hearted the open source thinking but I do understand the business aspect of things as well!

If 20+ branches in China I guess Shanghai would be included?
      You’re not talking “Zoap Consulting”?
      I will be back in HKG next week and back in SHA from min. 10-17Mar.
      Maybe, we could study if we could co-op so let me have your e-mail and let’s discuss?
      Gustav= gusse@finn-flare.com

• gustav

gustav - 2007-02-27

Peter,
      Have I (mistake) missed your reply to this to my personal e-mail adress?
      IF you've replied to my personal adress could you re send because I've most likely canceled by mistake.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks