JDBC error

• Ronaldo

Ronaldo - 2005-11-24

Hi there...
    I'm trying to install Kompiere Libero, on  Windows XP, from e-Evolution distro and Postgresql 8.0. 
    The pg_hba.conf file is OK to my ip adress, and other applications like pgadmin are work fine, but if i try run Run_setup.bat, get the following jdbc connection error: "Error connecting: jdbc:postgresql://lsj-6:5432/template1 - postgres/compiere". 
    Setup test fails  at the System Password - password trying to connect to database template1
    The database "compiere" was created following the  Installing PostgreSQL (On Hold) instructions from http://www.compiere.org/support/install/installPostgreSQL.html, and is enable to user "compiere".
    What can i do?

Sorry about my poor English.

Best regards....

• fjviejo

fjviejo - 2005-11-25

Try using your ip address as a Database server name, instead of your computer's name, the same ip address which is in your pg_hba.conf file.

I hope this works for you.

Best Regards

• Paulo Emerique

Paulo Emerique - 2005-11-28

Hi Ronaldo, are you from Brazil (like me ?) I see you JDBC connection says "template1" ... is this the database name ?

Please check what you're using as
      I suppose it should be compiere/compiere/compiere

We have Compiere on postgre running fine.

• Ronaldo

Ronaldo - 2005-11-29

Hello Paulo!

Yes, I'm from Brazil. Unhappyly, my database, user and password are wrote correctly on setup screen,
      database name: compiere
      user name: compiere
      password: *******  (rsrsrsrsrs), 
      but  received this message. The Compiere instalation is a piece of my master of science program.
        If you may help me with any information...

Thanks, a lot

ps: mr.fields@itelefonica.com.br

• Raj

Raj - 2006-02-07

There will be default password for the system i.e. manager if you have given your own password try with that it will work.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks