Close

JDBC error

Ronaldo
2005-11-24
2013-05-02
  • Ronaldo

Ronaldo - 2005-11-24

Hi there...
    I'm trying to install Kompiere Libero, on  Windows XP, from e-Evolution distro and Postgresql 8.0. 
    The pg_hba.conf file is OK to my ip adress, and other applications like pgadmin are work fine, but if i try run Run_setup.bat, get the following jdbc connection error: "Error connecting: jdbc:postgresql://lsj-6:5432/template1 - postgres/compiere". 
    Setup test fails  at the System Password - password trying to connect to database template1
    The database "compiere" was created following the  Installing PostgreSQL (On Hold) instructions from http://www.compiere.org/support/install/installPostgreSQL.html, and is enable to user "compiere".
    What can i do?

Sorry about my poor English.

Best regards....

• fjviejo

fjviejo - 2005-11-25

Try using your ip address as a Database server name, instead of your computer's name, the same ip address which is in your pg_hba.conf file.

I hope this works for you.

Best Regards

• Paulo Emerique

Paulo Emerique - 2005-11-28

Hi Ronaldo, are you from Brazil (like me ?) I see you JDBC connection says "template1" ... is this the database name ?

Please check what you're using as
      database
      user
      password
      I suppose it should be compiere/compiere/compiere

We have Compiere on postgre running fine.

• Ronaldo

Ronaldo - 2005-11-29

Hello Paulo!

Yes, I'm from Brazil. Unhappyly, my database, user and password are wrote correctly on setup screen,
      database name: compiere
      user name: compiere
      password: *******  (rsrsrsrsrs), 
      but  received this message. The Compiere instalation is a piece of my master of science program.
        If you may help me with any information...

Thanks, a lot

ps: mr.fields@itelefonica.com.br

• Raj

Raj - 2006-02-07

There will be default password for the system i.e. manager if you have given your own password try with that it will work.