Menu

Kompiere Libero Manufacturing Solution

2005-06-28
2013-05-02
  • Victor Perez Juarez

e-Evolution is pleased to announce the new version of Kompiere Libero Manufacturing solution, based on Compiere 252d and PostgreSql. 

Kompiere Libero Manufacturing Solution is an open source professional software for SME, it takes all the power from Compiere & PostgreSQL and adds new functionality created by e-Evolution for the manufacturing industry, contains the following features: 

Compiere 252d (Java 5, JBoss4, Tomcat5)
    e-Database (PostgreSQL 8.0.3)
    Kompiere Manufacturing
    o Resource Management
    o Manufacturing Workflow
    o Bill of Material & Formulas
    o Order Manufacturing Management
    o Material Requirement Planning & Forecast
    o Capacity Requirement Planning
    o Cost Management

We have been working to release Kompiere Libero Manufacturing Solution RC1, we hope everybody can download this version and help us to evaluate it. 

To download it, please go to http://www.e-evolution.com/kompiere/index.html 

Known Issues and Workarounds 

Oracle :

Kompiere Libero Manufacturing solution Working on Oracle is already Stable.

PostgreSQL :

Issue: Use of the api rowset of the standard distribution of jdk1.5, does not work with postgre. The reason seems to be that Postgre's JDBC return -1 and the rowset needs 0. 
    Consequence: You cannot setup the "create objects on server" preference. 
    Issue: The Update sentence (for example: UPDATE C_Order o SET (Description,POReference) = (SELECT Description,POReference FROM C_Invoice i WHERE i.C_Order_ID=o.C_Order_ID)) This kind of sentences are still not supported by PostgreSQL.
    Consequence: At this moment it is not a big issue. 
    Warning: Schema Migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL, in some fields the size change (for example a field type Number(10) in PostgreSQL is Numeric(22))
    Consequence: none 
    Workaround: It is indispensable to extensively try Compiere functionality so we can release a stable version, we will appreciate the community help. 

New stuff: 

- Compiere 2.5.2d new stuff http://www.compiere.com/product/rel252.html 
    - Easy GUI Install for linux 32 and 64 bits 

- Easy GUI Install for windows (very soon) 

- Kompiere solution is now compiled to run on jdk1.5.x 

- Kompiere solution is now compiled to run on JBOSS 4.0.2 and Tomcat 5.5 

- New Manufacturing modules mentioned above. 

- Free Query Builder Integration with Kompiere solution (BETA) 

- JFree Chart integration with Kompiere solution (CRP) 

- All the source code available 

- New set of icons 

Installation instructions 

Linux 

-Pre-requisites 

- kit Develpment rpm installed
    - jdk1.5.x installed
    - JAVA_HOME variables declared
    - PostgreSQL is not running
    - Download install-linux.jar 

-Installation 

- Open a linux xterminal
    - Execute: xhost +
    - Create a Prostgre user
    $ useradd -d /home/postgres -m pgsql8
    $ passwd postgres
    - su postgres
    - Execute: java -jar install-linux.jar
    - Follow the steps
    - Note: Kompiere's database name is kompiere, sysdba password is compiere
    - Execute utils/RUN_Server2.sh & 
    - Finally execute ./RUN_Compiere2.sh 

Oracle 

-Pre-requisites
    - jdk1.5.x installed
    - JAVA_HOME variables declared
    - Oracle installed
    - Download Kompiere252d.zip 

-Installation
    - Follow Compiere instructions
    http://www.compiere.com/support/install/index.html 

To contact us please email us: info@e-evolution.com 

Donations at paypal: 
    paypal@e-evolution.com 

Victor Prez Jurez
    CEO
    e-Evolution
    http://www.e-evolution.com

• carlos

carlos - 2005-06-28

Great work it installed without any problem!. Keep the excelent work.

Best Regards

• Jonah H. Harris

Jonah H. Harris - 2005-06-29

Hey Victor,

I haven't installed it yet, but thanks for the release!

-Jonah

• Victor Perez Juarez

Hi Jonah!

You may be interesting about this :
        http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=3224944

if you have any suggestion please tell me know?

I can add you to the project

Cheers
        Victor

• yvon vieville

yvon vieville - 2005-06-30

Hey victor,
      Thank for your great work.
      I've tried to install libero on my Mandriva.
      It seems to work , but i've a problem.
      I don't have install libero with postgres user, is it very important to do so ?
      Could you explain to me why it is important to work wih postgres user (and how create this one)?
      I think that my problem is there, but i'm not sure ??
      Best regards
      Yvon

• Victor Perez Juarez

Hi

Yes it is importat because this user is the Data Base User, therefore the schema is loaded with this User, and gives the schema permissions

You have to use the command : adduser postgres
        and the command                        passwd postgres            the system ask you the password you want to enter the User.

Regads

• yvon vieville

yvon vieville - 2005-07-01

I've already foound my problem this morning.
      I'm on madriva on 32 bits but in PGSQL.env i have these lines
      export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_04/jre/jre/lib/amd64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
      export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_04/jre/jre/lib/amd64/server:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
      export LD_PRELOAD=\/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_04/jre/jre/lib/amd64/libzip.so:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
      i've removed them and it works but the compiere server doesn't want to to work. it stay at the line
      07:46:27,453 INFO  [STDOUT] CLogFile[/home/postgres/kompiere/Kompiere2/log/2005-07-01_1.log,Level=ALL]
      07:46:28,072 INFO  [Server] JBoss SHUTDOWN: Undeploying all packages
      and nothing ?
      any ideas ?
      Thanks for all
      Best regards
      yvon

• Hans Pragst

Hans Pragst - 2005-07-06

Hi,
        I have the same entries on SuSE93 32bit,
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_04/jre/jre/lib/amd64 - etc
        What is the purpose of the double entry of "jre"
        There is no directory, its only srewing up the terminal
        Thanks for any help and regard

• Peter

Peter - 2005-07-01

Hi Victor,
      I went to your site
      http://www.e-evolution.com/kompiere/index.html

to download the source and got a blank page. Is you site off line? Or have you moved the location? Either it gave me nothing in response.

Thanks
      Peter

• Bepi Esposito Vingiano

Hi all,
      I don't know if it's a Compiere problem or Kompiere problem because I've installed Kompiere 252d but I haven't installed Compiere same version.
      My system is WinXP Pro with Oracle 10g.
      I've installed all as specified in Compiere site.
      In the server setup window I've specified port 1099
      for the Application Server. Test and Save OK.
      I have launched run_server2 without problem, application server is on.
      At this point I run run_compiere2.bat or the icon
      created on desktop, go in the window Connection to Compiere and test Application: error. Test database: OK. In the jboss log I see that Naming Service is started on port 1097 and not 1099.
      Go back to the window Connection to Compiere and change the port from 1099 to 1097, and ok, application test goes. To stop the server I have
      modified run_server2stop.bat replacing port variable with the constant 1097. The server now stop correctly.
      OK my question is: Is it normal? why cmpcs1 worked without all these?

• bulls

bulls - 2005-08-04

- if  install with user postgres denied at port 80 and ssh 443, but with root no problem.

- jboss failed to boot:
         can opened file jboss-service.xml file does it exist

thanks

• Ashley Gittins

Ashley Gittins - 2005-08-04

Re the ports, this is normal for unix-like systems such as linux - TCP ports below 1024 require root access to open. You can either run using higher ports (like 9001 etc), or you would have to run as root. Using higher ports with a non-root user is the better alternative from a security viewpoint, but it depends on your own needs.

I can't help you with the jboss-service.xml file problem though, sorry.

• Andrea Chiumenti

I even don't know why in postgresql, after pushing the ok button in the initial client setup the system hangs.

-----------------------------------------------------------
      PostgreSQL =>INSERT INTO AD_Sequence (AD_Client_ID,AD_Org_ID,AD_Sequence_ID,Created,CreatedBy,CurrentNext,CurrentNextSys,Description,IncrementNo,IsActive,IsAudited,IsAutoSequence,IsTableID,Name,StartNewYear,StartNo,Updated,UpdatedBy) VALUES (1000000,0,1000000,TO_TIMESTAMP('2005-08-04 12:36:15','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),0,1000000,100,'DocumentNo/Value for Table M_MatchInv',1,'Y','N','Y','N','DocumentNo_M_MatchInv','N',1000000,TO_TIMESTAMP('2005-08-04 12:36:15','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),0)<= <INSERT INTO AD_Sequence (AD_Client_ID,AD_Org_ID,AD_Sequence_ID,Created,CreatedBy,CurrentNext,CurrentNextSys,Description,IncrementNo,IsActive,IsAudited,IsAutoSequence,IsTableID,Name,StartNewYear,StartNo,Updated,UpdatedBy) VALUES (1000000,0,1000000,TO_DATE('2005-08-04 12:36:15','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),0,1000000,100,'DocumentNo/Value for Table M_MatchInv',1,'Y','N','Y','N','DocumentNo_M_MatchInv','N',1000000,TO_DATE('2005-08-04 12:36:15','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),0)>
      PostgreSQL =>INSERT INTO AD_Sequence (AD_Client_ID,AD_Org_ID,AD_Sequence_ID,Created,CreatedBy,CurrentNext,CurrentNextSys,Description,IncrementNo,IsActive,IsAudited,IsAutoSequence,IsTableID,Name,StartNewYear,StartNo,Updated,UpdatedBy) VALUES (1000000,0,1000001,TO_TIMESTAMP('2005-08-04 12:36:16','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),0,1000000,100,'DocumentNo/Value for Table M_MatchPO',1,'Y','N','Y','N','DocumentNo_M_MatchPO','N',1000000,TO_TIMESTAMP('2005-08-04 12:36:16','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),0)<= <INSERT INTO AD_Sequence (AD_Client_ID,AD_Org_ID,AD_Sequence_ID,Created,CreatedBy,CurrentNext,CurrentNextSys,Description,IncrementNo,IsActive,IsAudited,IsAutoSequence,IsTableID,Name,StartNewYear,StartNo,Updated,UpdatedBy) VALUES (1000000,0,1000001,TO_DATE('2005-08-04 12:36:16','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),0,1000000,100,'DocumentNo/Value for Table M_MatchPO',1,'Y','N','Y','N','DocumentNo_M_MatchPO','N',1000000,TO_DATE('2005-08-04 12:36:16','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),0)>

-----------------------------------------------------------

Can anybody be so kind to answer please?
      Thanks in advance, kiuma

• Luca Bertozzo

Luca Bertozzo - 2005-08-04

Just get in pgadminIII and make a full vacuum on your kompiere database.

I had same problem, and realized that after an import postgresql doesn't make a table reorg automatically.

You have to invoke it explicitly

• Andrea Chiumenti

Sorry, i tryed : vacuumdb -f compiere, after a fresh db re-creat., but i obtained the same result :(

• Luca Bertozzo

Luca Bertozzo - 2005-08-06

Maybe you have encountered some jdbc bugs.

Postgresql jdbc driver doesn't completely accomplish jdbc API standard.

I have written some workarounds in my code, but don't know  how kompiere distro copes without them instead.