Processes and WFNode-items

Oliver
2006-06-16
2013-05-02
  • Oliver

Oliver - 2006-06-16

Hey guys,

can someone give me a hint about the AD_Process-table ? What type of processes are the ones without a classname ? I mean what does they do and where does they get started ?

And beside that, is there a ressource that describes the different types of WFNodes ? Its clear what Window,Form are Processes are, but what the heck are sleep/document/task ...

Whats the behaviour of these. Where and then are these used ?

thanks for the help and best regards from the land of the WM2006,
    oliver

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2006-06-22

Hi Oliver,

> can someone give me a hint about the
      > AD_Process-table ? What type of processes are
      > the ones without a classname ? I mean what
      > does  they do and where does they get
      > started ?

Processes can be a java class (classname) or a PL/SQL procedure (procedure) or a workflow.
      You can see examples of procedures like AD_PrintPaper_Default or DBA_Recompile.

For workflows I think you can take a look at org.compiere.wf.MWFActivity - performWork

• Oliver

Oliver - 2006-06-22

i think you forgot ReportView, right !? So a process can be of four types. well i'll try to get deeper into it. Another question might come across later again ;)

thanks so far

• Oliver

Oliver - 2006-06-22

oh and btw...a process can be a workflow, ok. But processes themself can also be part of workflows.

Is it possible to build a loop by making a process part of a workflow A where this process "starts" the very same workflow A ?!

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2006-06-22

Yes Oliver, both Processes and Reports are in the same table.

Reports normally are based in a ReportView, but can have a classname associated that executes a pre-process, i.e. to fill the ReportView like org.compiere.report.FinStatement

Carlos Ruiz - globalqss

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks