finding the compiere source files...

Glenn Rice
2005-10-31
2013-05-02
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Glenn Rice

Glenn Rice - 2005-10-31

OK, I may be having a blonde moment here, but I can't seem to find where the source files for Compiere are!

I've looked through the CVS and all I can find are .JAR files with the compiled .class files in them. Where are the Java source files?

What have I missed?

• Trifon (An ADempiere founder)

Hi Glenn,

Where do you seek for source codes?

Yuo can browse CVS tree by following this link:
      http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/compiere/

If you have cvs client then you can download soueces by executing this commands:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/compiere login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/compiere co -P -r release_252c compiere-all

This will get release for version release_252c.

Regards,
      Trifon
      --------------
      Compiere freelancer
      compilo.sf.net developer
      www.red1.org fan

• Glenn Rice

Glenn Rice - 2005-11-01

Those command lines worked! Thanks a lot for the assist.

Cheers,
      Glenn

• Deep

Deep - 2006-03-06

I'm also using the same way, but i there any problem right now!!  I'm not able to download anything.

regards,

• leehaijun

leehaijun - 2006-04-23

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/com
        piere login
        Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:2401:/cvsroot/compiere
        CVS Password:
        cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server cvs.sourceforge.net: 0: No such f
        ile or directory

But I can view from browser ,is ther anything wrong with compiere's cvs.

• Frans Thamura - Meruvian

for me, src is not important, we need a forge.compiere.org

so everyone who create a module on top of compiere can be submited there.

Hi Frans,

But before that Compiere architecture must be modified to allow modules.......

Regards,
            Trifon

• Frans Thamura - Meruvian

I know that, to make compiere more modular, Jorg must rewrite the code, or implement like IOC.

I see someone create CompiereFramework, and this is good tech

here, in my company i have our own framework, which complement the Compiere's Website which is not stable, and no roadmap and progress from Jorg, we survive using this tech more than 4 years.

right now we try to make alfresco.org product become more modular.

right now, there is 3 full timer here, that incharge to develop all of this product under our program, and hopefully can create a good community development program.

and hopefully can bring compeire to the next level, rather than partner based relationship.

i just think to open compiere communty council

what do you think?

Hi,

I still do not understand well.

You site is for Content Management System.

I feel that you want to get into the field of Open Source ERP-CRM applications. I feel that you are just starting exploring Compiere and you have many answers for the comunity, which is OK and normal.

I feel that you want to change current state of Compiere and Compiere comunity, it is OK too.

Just as i said before when you try to create your own site and invole part of comunity there you will see that it do not works. Becasue here only about 10-12 are active people who contribute back...
                And only 5-6 of them are good java developers and understand well Compiere.
                I know that there are many companies that work full time and have good number of developers but they are far way from comunity and contributing...

This is not only because they do not want to share but because in most of the cases customers require changes to be private...

I hope that all this would be helpfull to get good overview what is current status and how one open source developer who works 100% on Compiere customizations think and feel.

Regards,
                Trifon

• Alejandro Falcone

Per the notice on the site status page, the CVS sync between developer and anonymous CVS hosts is currently disabled.
      Please keep an eye on the site status page for further updates to this issue:

https://www.sf.net/docs/A04

Regards

• leehaijun

leehaijun - 2006-05-09

thanks Alejandro.
      But long time not recovered.
      Why compiere team just release binaries?
      Will you please also  compress and release the src pakage when a new version released.
      It's much easier for users to download the same version of compiere source as the released binary version.

• leehaijun

leehaijun - 2006-05-10

happy to annouce now the anonymous cvs are enabled.
      but for more than 1 month we can't access it for the hardware problem.
      So I would suggest again that compiere team release src package when a new version released!
      Thanks sourceforge.

• Alejandro Falcone

Are you sure that is enabled the anonymous cvs access?
      I continue receiving the same error still.

• Colin Rooney

Colin Rooney - 2006-05-10

I can access it now too

colin

• Colin Rooney

Colin Rooney - 2006-05-10

although I didn't sync with it or check anything out... I just browsed it.

colin

• Mat

Mat - 2006-05-12

Hey folks,

strange thing - I can't access cvs :-(

Anything wrong with it or am I just on a bad connection?

Please someone have a check and let me know if it's supposed to work.

Thanx

• Chris Farley

Chris Farley - 2006-05-12

I've been having problems, too. I try to access the anon cvs repository, and get errors when logging in anonymously.

I try

cvs -t -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/compiere login

I press enter for the password and get the following error message:

cvs [login aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Oddly, I can access other sourceforge project's anonymous CVS repositories. It is just Compiere that fails.

• Chris Farley

Chris Farley - 2006-05-15

The location of the Compiere anonymous CVS repository has changed. Here's how I got it:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@compiere.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/compiere login
      cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@compiere.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/compiere checkout compiere-all

• Mat

Mat - 2006-05-15

thanx - it works like a charm ;-)

sometime it's quite easy!

• Robert Miller

Robert Miller - 2006-05-16

hi,

I'm using wincvs to browse to the compiere cvs directory.  However, when I try to checkout, it says it can't create the temp directory because they're "too many links".  What does that mean?

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@compiere.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/compiere checkout -P -- compiere-all (in directory C:\Documents and Settings\IBM USER\Desktop\Compiere\Source)
      can't create temporary directory /tmp/cvs-serv27853a
      Too many links

• Chris Farley

Chris Farley - 2006-05-16

I started getting this error yesterday using the command-line cvs checkout procedure. I think sourceforge is messed up. :(

• Milan_D

Milan_D - 2006-05-17

Today (2006-05-17) it worked but not all. I got unexpected EOF during checkout process see:
      cvs [checkout aborted]: EOF while looking for end of string in RCS file /cvsroot/compiere/webStore/src/web/errorPage.jsp,v

Any ideas? When we will be able download source ???

• Milan_D

Milan_D - 2006-05-17

I found on http://compiere.cvs.sourceforge.net/compiere/webStore/src/web/ that last three files or messed up, so thats the reason we can't download them. Hopefully JJanke or crappy sourceforge will take care about that soon.

• Milan_D

Milan_D - 2006-05-18

When that damn hell source files will be available? Why there is not at least some synchronized mirror of that CVS repository, when that bullsh.. sourceforge doesn't work completely. All the time I get error Terminated with fatal signal 11, while checking out webStore/src/web/ ! Why?!? I guess because see last three files of http://compiere.cvs.sourceforge.net/compiere/webStore/src/web/  .

• Oliver

Oliver - 2006-05-18

guess you work with eclipse ? Maybe try to get the files with tortoise or wincvs. I remember i had to grab them witn wincvs myself as eclipse had some troubles. But maybe that was a different error then you got...but worth a try

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)