Free samples!

ken
2006-03-26
2013-05-02
  • ken

ken - 2006-03-26

We sent a lot free samples, How can I put in Compiere? It's expense and also taken off the inventory.

Anybody has good idear?

thanks

• ADAXA

ADAXA - 2006-03-26

either a sales order/shipment with sell prices set manually to zero... or a free samples price list if all items on the sales order will be no charge... but the costs will be in cost of sales.

or use 'own use inventory' and put to a charge called sample costs and point to whatever account code you want.

regards

• ken

ken - 2006-03-27

Thanks a lot!!

• Q Wang

Q Wang - 2006-03-27

How about customer returns, adaxa?  Some products are returned from the customers, and we either put them back to the inventory or throw them away.  And the payment has to be made back to the customers.  I was thinking to enter a normal sales order with negative quantity and generate invoice/shipment for it (if the returned products go back to inventory), but for the refund back to the customer, will it be a negative A/R Receipt, or it has to be a A/P payment and the customer has to be treated as a "vendor"? This question is not completely related with this "free samples" posting but a bit related.  Thank you very much!

• JL_JL

JL_JL - 2006-04-13

Hi what free samples? can i use?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks