Problem with Account Balance

2005-12-01
2013-05-02
  • Kenneth Tsang
    Kenneth Tsang
    2005-12-01

Dear all,

I have a problem regarding the account balances of some accounts affected by a particular vendor invoice which has been voided.  The balance from my statement of accounts for these particular accounts differs when I select or do not select the date.  The difference happens to be the invoice that I have voided.  This difference also affects my bank balance.  In fact, the correct balance is given when I do select a date in the statement of accounts.  However, when I issue my report, the other balance given.  That is, the one when no date is selected.  What should I do?

Thanking you in advance

Ken

• ADAXA
      ADAXA
      2005-12-06

try the following...
      go to the invoice and click on the 'posted' button to see the accounting entries. click repost in bottom left hand corner if they look wrong (they mat be doubled up).

look in the description section of the header to see if a reversing document was created (the doc number will be shown)  Find that doc. make sure it is posted correctly as above.

If you dont find an error there, in the statement of account expressly set the date range to include the all dates for the GL account. record the balance.

Go to accounting fact details report and create a report for all dates selecting that account code again. export to a .csv. Open in Excel and sum the column... hope there is less than 64000 rows.

If there is an error you should get some idea where it is from these steps. I have seen statement of accounts not include a recent transaction that the accounting facts report shows... and also posting errors all transactions are duplicated in the posting.

regards

• Kenneth Tsang
      Kenneth Tsang
      2005-12-06

Dear Adaxa,

First of all, thank you for your reply.  I already deleted the voided invoice from the database.  I went to accounting fact details report and the balance is exactly the one I need.  However, when I issue the report that I created from financial report, the balance is different.  The difference between these two balances is still the amount of the invoice that I voided and deleted.  However, I still have the payment of this invoice that in my system.  This too is in voided status.  

• ADAXA
      ADAXA
      2005-12-06