SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Project Management

Reeja Vasu
2004-08-14
2013-05-02
  • Reeja Vasu

Reeja Vasu - 2004-08-14

Hi,

Is there any developments done in Project management in the new version? When can i expect this to be working without bugs?

Regards,

Reeja

• Redhuan D. Oon

Redhuan D. Oon - 2004-08-16

PM in Compiere concerns more of Project Execution rather than Planning and Execution.

Project (Order) for example greatly assist in grouping and templating your orders in one place for managing the issuance of the purchases from vendors and routing to the customers. Later as they are tagged to the project-id, u can then do your project-accounting stuff on it.

wonder if this helps to give some light on to it. Thus i dont think PM will move the way of MS Project does, assuming that is what ppl expected.

• Mr Mckinsey

Mr Mckinsey - 2004-09-23

In fact, 'Project' can be understood as 'Case' of SalesForce module. They are similar, while Compiere doesn't include whole PM dimensions of Scope, Cost, Time, Quality, HR, Communication, Risk, Procurement and Integration process.

• Redhuan D. Oon

Redhuan D. Oon - 2004-09-23

Hi Mckinsey,
      Ah, very true, as my first prototype end of last year was trying to create a sales procurement module, where some of the funtionalities u mentioned were considered and i saw Project(Order) as the only option to modify from. However we didnt win the contract to finish it.

red1