does the country/region in TAX setup works?

lavino
2008-12-20
2013-05-02
  • lavino

lavino - 2008-12-20

If I created a new tax category and add a tax value in it called "Special fake tax" 5% and then set the country to say...  Iceland (just an example)

shouldn't that implies that only if the buyer on the sales order has an address with country as Iceland is affected? 

I notice that it doesn't really care in this case.  It just charge regardless if I set a business partner with bill and ship to address has country as Mexico or US or UK etc.

Is this a bug or I am totally misunderstanding what it does?

• albert

albert - 2008-12-21

For examples :

from Taiwan to Japan 0%

from Taiwan to Taiwan 5% - Not include Agriculture raw product

from Taiwan to Taiwan free - for Agriculture raw product

We customization Compiere Engine for Enterprise

We customization Compiere Engine for You

• lavino

lavino - 2008-12-23

thx for the ad ;)

well  what I was saying is that it should work that way but it just doesn't I am more looking for some tips and suggestion rather than asking for a solution provider. 

Hey Albert, if you do charge $$$ for particular solution (like a case of doing something specific)  Do give send me a private email on your price list  or hourly rate.  I might have something really specific need to do that I need a price quote on.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2008-12-31

The tax rate setup by country should definitely work.  Just make sure that you associate this tax rate to the invoice line that you are creating and make sure the invoice to country is the same as the one you entered the tax rate for.