How to add Project as one of the chartfields

2009-04-16
2013-05-02
  • Venkata Manikanta Prasad Kandul

Hi All,

We are planning to implement Compiere in our organization and in the discovery phase we found that we will be needing project ID as one of the chartfields as we are a service based organization and we work only on projects . We need a way to tie all our revenue to the projects.Say when we book a Vendor Invoice need to tie the invoice to a project to find out the cost incurred by the project and in the same way for Customer Invoices too. Right now I am not able to find this option. Is there a way to cinfigure this in Compiere.

Also would like know if any body has tweaked Compiere system to cater to such a demand.

Thanks in advance

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated as our Go or No Go for Compiere is based on this.

Regards,
    K.V.M.Prasad

• albert

albert - 2009-04-16

C_Invoice.C_Project_ID
      C_OrderLine.C_Project_ID
      C_QuotationLine.C_Project_ID

all have C_Project_ID

can auto mapping to FACT

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2009-04-16

Hi Venkata,

You just need to enable project as element from the accounting schema like explained here:

http://wiki.compiere.com/display/docs/Performance+Analysis#PerformanceAnalysis-AccountElement

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Hi Carlos Ruiz,

Thanks for the update. I followed the details given in the link. But when I navigate to GL Distribution as instructed in the link I am not able to find Project as an option there. Is there anything that I am missing out. I have installed the Compiere 3.2 version not the web enabled one. Would this be a problem?

Regards,
      K.V.M.Prasad

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2009-04-17

Hi,

> I am not able to find Project as an option there

Did you log out and log in?

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Hi Carlos,

Sorry I could not reply as I was held up with some work here. Your suggestion worked and thank you very much for your help in this regard.

Regards,
      K.V.M.Prasad

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks