Connecting Server and Database

Anonymous
2004-09-19
2013-05-02
  • Anonymous - 2004-09-19

Hi

I have installed Oracle, Sun and Compiere on my computer for testing purposes.

I am having a problem in the Compiere Login in the host section.  I can see the server but not the database.  However, when I change the password of the database, then I get a green check and can see the database, but the server information has changed to a red X. 

I am hoping someone might have a suggestion why I cannot get both GREEN.

Due to space, I have put Oracle on my C drive, Compiere on my C drive, but Sun is on my D drive.  D drive is my server drive.  Could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Island Guy

• Redhuan D. Oon

Redhuan D. Oon - 2004-09-22

Hi Island,
      Nope, different drives are never the problem. Try this:

You have to ignore the lower error when you got the upper green pass mark. But remember to check the overwrite box besides it before testing the application server.

Just click on the OK button. It goes back to the login screen, you view the DBTarget string at the top, it should indicate what u set in oracle. i.e. myhost-{myhost-myhost-compiere}.

Error occurs when that string is not pointing correctly. That string is set in some compiere.properties under the Compiere2 folder. its like this: "Connection=xyzCConnection[name\=REDHUAN{REDHUAN-compiere-compiere},AppsHost\=REDHUAN,AppsPort\=1099"

REDHUAN is MyHost.

But remember checking the overwrite box or else the setting wont correct itself for the bottom database check. It should turn both green, but if it don't, you DO NOT test the database again as it will reset back the Target, and you may go in circles. :)

dont give up, :) a try or two to understand what i said...
      red1

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks