CSS for the modules

Ricky
2006-02-20
2013-04-02
  • Ricky
    Ricky
    2006-02-20

after going to the zen site, I did a some research on CSS.  Still don't know anything. But is there a way to add the CSS support in the other modules, just like the blogrolling one.  It seems easy to change the font, hover color, and stuff from the admin page.  I hard coded the font change, but can't figure out how to do the link hover in CSS.

• iamdecal
      iamdecal
      2006-02-20

you need to define it for whats called pseudo class these are (in the order they take precidence)

a
      a:visited
      a:hover
      a:active

(some people remember this as LoVe HAte
      Link Visited Hover Active)

you can either hard code this in the style sheet, or add an new row to the database and update teh css to look for that so that it can be changed via admin (if you do it that way, can you post the code here, and ill make sure its added in cvs)

my current experimentation is along the lines of that each module will have an additional paramter to set if the browser should use the module specific settings, or a more generic set so that each module looks the same.

a futher module i have in progress (mod_skin) will tell the browser which of these settings to override so that a "skin" can be applied

i hope to demo this for comments in next 10 days (work load permiting)

• Ricky
      Ricky
      2006-02-21

Thanks, I'll keep my eye out for it!