Menu

Is this project alive anymore?

Manzoor
2009-07-17
2013-04-24
  • Manzoor

Manzoor - 2009-07-17

Hello, is this project still in development?

• Dwight Irving

Dwight Irving - 2009-07-17

Hi Manz00r,

There is no active continuing development of this project.  I have left the sponsor company and they have de-committed from investing further in this project.

That said, you might still be able to get answers about this project, and much of the code will remain valid for a long time.  Also, two members of the original team are available as consultants, if that is of interest.

Regards,
      Dwight Irving

• Glenn Thorne

Glenn Thorne - 2009-07-17

Hi manz00r,

As Dwight said, the project is no longer being developed.  But if you have questions I can try to answer them.

Best regards,
        Glenn

• Manzoor

Manzoor - 2009-07-21

That's great :)

Don't have any problems yet! I just started learning the framework. Just need to ask that is this framework mature enough to develop commercial applications using it?

• Dwight Irving

Dwight Irving - 2009-07-22

Many commercial applications were developed using this project.  I don't have any recent info on it, but the peak of adoption was probably about 2004

• Glenn Thorne

Glenn Thorne - 2009-07-22

The most successful users of this project I've seen used the approach of taking the framework through their own software QA/review process as if it were alpha or proof-of-concept level code.

I know of five companies right off who have current products based on the framework.

The design team collectively had about a 100 years of commercial experience.  So the design is mature and an application of some of the original GOF Design Patterns.  But the intent was to be example code and extensive testing was not performed.

Hope that helps.

Glenn

• Manzoor

Manzoor - 2009-07-24

Can you please name those five companies?

• Dwight Irving

Dwight Irving - 2009-07-27

Hi Manz00r,

Glenn may come up with a different answer, but most of the companies we worked with wished to keep information on which tools they used confidential.

I do know of two consultants who used this project and were interested in finding clients. Those two are http://www.palmassociates.com/ and http://www.deltafusion.com. It's been years since I've talked with either of them, so my information is likely dated.

Regards,
      Dwight Irving

• Glenn Thorne

Glenn Thorne - 2009-07-27

Hi Manz00r,

My involvement with those companies was done under non-disclosure so I can't comment.

Best Regards,

Glenn

• Manzoor

Manzoor - 2009-07-28

Hey thanks anyways