The Null-modem emulator (com0com) is an open source kernel-mode virtual serial
port driver for Windows, available freely under GPL license. It allows you to
create the virtual serial port pairs to interconnect the COM port based
applications. The com0com can be used for testing COM port based applications
and as a front end for the hardware emulators (t38modem for example) or COM
port redirectors (com2tcp and hub4com for example).
In this release the following changes were done:
* Added logging COMx names in the COM port database.
* Added ability to get list of names that already in use (busynames command).
* Added ability to speed up installing of multiple com port pairs (--no-update option).
* Improved silent install and uninstall.
* Fixed some bugs and made some improvements.
The com0com can be downloaded from
Log in to post a comment.