The Null-modem emulator (com0com) is an open source kernel-mode virtual serial
port driver for Windows, available freely under GPL license. It allows you to
create the virtual serial port pairs to interconnect the COM port based
applications. The com0com can be used for testing COM port based applications
and as a front end for the hardware emulators (t38modem for example) or COM
port redirectors (com2tcp for example).
In this release the following changes were done:
* Implemented graphics setup utility.
* Added support for 64-bit systems.
* Implemented pinout customization.
* Implemented transmit FIFO buffer.
* Implemented IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_MODEM_CONTROL device control request.
* Fixed some bugs and made some improvements.
The com0com can be downloaded from
Log in to post a comment.