Menu

Help With com0com/hub4com Settings Please

Help
2019-03-01
2020-10-21
  • Donald Ridley

Donald Ridley - 2019-03-01

Hello All,

First off, thank you for your time and hard work creating such a remarkable tool. I cannot imagine how many hours went into this.

My question:

My focus is on accessing GPS data via a USB to Serial connection. In this case it is specifically a device using the Prolific USB to Serial driver(s).

Drivers:

ser2pl64.sys ver 3.8.28.0

serenum.sys ver 10.0.17134.1

This device also has the option to enable FIFO buffers which is on by default. Another default setting is "USB Selective Suspend Idle Timer" which is set to 10 seconds. The driver buffer size is 4096 bytes.

For my applications, com0com and hub4com has worked beautifully. However, for another application (that I did not develop), I cannot get it to recognize a com0com virtual port as a "Compatible GPS Device."

The GPS COM port settings for this application are:

AutoDetectOnDeviceArrival=true
    DetectGpsOnStartup=true
    BitsPerSecond=4800
    ComPort=3
    DataBits=8
    Handshake=None
    Parity=None
    ReadIntervalTimeout=100
    ReadTotalTimeoutConstant=1000
    ReadTotalTimeoutMultiplier=0
    StopBits=One
    WriteTotalTimeoutConstant=0
    WriteTotalTimeoutMultiplier=0

I am using com0com version 06/04/2012 , 3.0.0.0, 64bit signed and hub4com 2.1.0.0, not signed.

Any help getting me pointed in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated!

Follow up question, if code signed were to become an issue, could I sign the files with my own code signing certificate?

Thank you!!

Don

• Bill Van Vlack

Bill Van Vlack - 2020-10-21

I had a Prolific adapter that was counterfeit, had faulty drivers, and did not work. I bought an FTDI adapter and it worked fine.