Menu

Application doesn't see virtual port

Help
Phil M.
2009-08-14
2013-05-20
  • Phil M.

Phil M. - 2009-08-14

I am currently using com0com so 2 applications (both require serial com port connections) can communicate.  I have used combinations of Hyperterminal and other outside applications to verify that the virtual port pairs and hub2com settings work correctly.  However, when i swap one of the working applications with my desired app, the desired app does not have the virtual ports in the drop down list.
    I have followed the instructions in the ReadMe.txt to make the com0com ports appear to be "real" ports, but that does not work.  In a previous thread post related to that issue (scribbler robot), i saw you posted some registry settings, but not the exact locations.  I tried to edit some registry settings so that the port enumeration list contains the virtual ports, but that has also failed.  I also modified the registry so that the com0com ports appear under the "official" PORTS section in the Windows Device Manager, but the application in question still does not "see" them.
    Are there any other methods to make applications "see" the virtual ports as "real" ports?  Are there exact registry settings that you know of that I can change?

Great program by the way (com0com and hub4com).  They work great with all my test apps.  It is just this one app that is being difficult.

Thanks in advance

• Vyacheslav Frolov

I need to get "the desired app" to help you.