My apologies if I seem a bit “newbish”, because I am with this stuff.

I’m trying to set-up an emulated null modem serial line over WiFi, with the PC controlling a single device, as follows:

{PC }  WiFi link  {Serialio brand “WiSnapAAA” WiFi-to-serial dongle }<>{dbx DriveRack 240 Pro Audio System Controller}

The application’s baud rate requirement is fixed at 38400.  I (we; I was assisted by a couple of very knowledgeable IT folks in trying to set this up) worked through all of the various set-up points, but are unable to get the dbx to connect to the application.  We believe the problem lies in the “com2tcp” redirector, where, as best we can tell, the baud rate is set to 115200, and we couldn’t find a way to change it.  Are we on the right track, and if so, how does one change the baud rate in “com2tcp”?  If you don’t think that’s the problem, any ideas?

The “hardwired” PC-to-dbx set up works without a hitch, even through a USB – serial adapter.  My current PC has no DB-9 port, all available USB ports are dedicated to other functions during a show, and I would like to use the built-in WiFi adapter to allow system adjustments while “walking the room” during sound check, as well as make tweeks during a show.

Thank you for your assistance,

llahsram