WES2009 (XP Embedded) installation

Help
Panino
2013-03-27
2018-11-17
  • Panino

Panino - 2013-03-27

Hello,
    we are using a huge WES2009 (XP Embedded) image that contains nearly all the XP SP3 components.
    Binary files are the same as in XP Pro SP3.
    The only compatibility problem could arise from some rarely used DLL or registry entry that can be missing from the image. Actually, the image is running several customer's applications without requiring any missing component.

So, At the first time I was able to install the "pair" driver and its related COM ports.
    After removing them with "remove 0" command, I'm not able to install COMs.
    After the install command I only get an uninstalled "pair" driver (with a red cross on it) and no COMs. SetupApi.log reads: Device not started, the device has problems, 0x16 CM_PROB_DISABLED.
    Device Enable fails if I try to do it from hardware manager (again, device has problems).
    Windows event log has no helpful information.
    Can you please help me in solving this problem?
    Thank you in advance,

Panino

• Vyacheslav Frolov

Try uninstall and infclean commands.

• bfracchia

bfracchia - 2014-09-04

Hello,

I am experiencing the exact same behavior here and am not able to successfully install com0com ports after they have been removed previously.

I am also experiencing this on Windows Embedded POS systems. I have tried com0com uninstalls (with a reboot) but this does not clean the slate, apparently.

Are there any registry files that need to be removed to work from a clean slate?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Harshal Bonde

Harshal Bonde - 2015-01-09

Hi,

I have also stuck on same issue,while install com0com ports on windows Embedded POS system.
    Even I have deleted all registry entries related to com0com.
    Anyone installed com0com on windows embedded POS system,Please help ?

Thanks in advance.

• Nelson Chen

Nelson Chen - 2018-11-17

I work with bfracchia. I think I solved the issue soon after his post but we didn't share it. It's been a few years so better late than never.

Simply run "setupc enable all". For whatever reason, readded port pairs are added in the disabled state. Just running that right after install gets working. It's idempotent, so you can run it even if the port was enabled and it'll stay enabled.