Menu

Who can guide me about virtual com program?

Help
flycatjp
2007-07-12
2013-05-20
  • flycatjp

flycatjp - 2007-07-12

Hi!I'm a beginner at programming driver, by chance, i found your website,and then downloaded the source code about virtual com!
      After reading codes, I have so many question to ask you, but i think you would not have time to answer me ,so i just question two simply questions firstly!
      1、Your project could generate a pair of virtual com, but how could they communicate with each other? Does 'SetModemStatus()' do ?
      2、I still don't understand the whole flow about 'com0com' clearly, could you give me some suggestions? Or do you have some documents about that, i'm puzzling...
      Whatever, i should thanks for your hard work, and thanks your reply very much!
      Best wishes for you!

• wurfholz

wurfholz - 2007-07-30

Hi!
      I´m doing the same thing with com2tcp at the moment.
      Since i haven´t looked at the com0com code right now i can´t answer your com0com related questions, but here are some tricks i use during the "reverse engineering" of com2tcp:

1. get yourself a UML Tool like starUML (open Source, here on sourceforge)
      2. create some UML (Class) - Diagramms of the Project
      (StarUML has got some "reverse engineering" funktions to automize this) 

Now you should have a good overview of the given classes and datastructures.

To go deeper into details you have to work yourself through the code and comment it inline, so you´ll remind the meanings two days later again without big efforts.

Greetings wurfholz