localhost com2tcp ok, remote host fails

Help
cdiggity
2008-09-07
2013-05-20
  • cdiggity

cdiggity - 2008-09-07

Hi,

I'm able to use a proprietary application to talk to some proprietary hardware using com2tcp when both the com2tcp 'server' and 'client' are running on the same computer.

When I try to move the client to a remote computer the proprietary application gives me a timeout message and has no settings to increase the timeout.

I used this command for the server, where com1 is the physical port with the hardware attached.

com2tcp --telnet --ignore-dsr --baud 57600 \\.\com1 3141

I used this command for the client, where com10 and 11 are a com0com pair
    com2tcp --telnet --ignore-dsr -baud 57600 \\.\com10 192.168.7.102 3141

As I said, com11 works fine from 192.168.7.102 but when I try with a computer that is on a remote network (300ms pings) the application gives timeouts.  I don't know anything about the serial protocol the application and hardware are using.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this to work (or debug further?)
    Thanks for your help & great project
    -c

• Vyacheslav Frolov

1) Did you tried to set EmuBR=yes for com0com ports?
      2) I plan to implement com0com parameters that will
         allow to add some values to read timeouts (it will
         helpful only if application use ones).

• Vyacheslav Frolov

With com0com from CVS you can try to fix the problem by
      ajusting AddRTTO and AddRITO params for com11.

AddRTTO=<n>             - add <n> milliseconds to the total time-out period
                                  for read operations (0 by default)
        AddRITO=<n>             - add <n> milliseconds to the maximum time allowed to
                                  elapse between the arrival of two characters for
                                  read operations (0 by default)