multiple uv maps in collada file

wooyay
2009-04-20
2013-04-17
  • wooyay

wooyay - 2009-04-20

Hi,

I am trying to get a multitextured model from Max to OSG.
    I use diffuse maps and ambient maps for shadowing.

The problem is that the ambient map tex coords are not imported correctly. Interestingly, it worked once, when I used the ColladaMax 3.05B exporter to export the file. Now I use the current ColladaMax NextGen plugin and the ambient texcoords are not correctly imported. I don't know if this is a problem with the exporter or with the osg collada importer.

The only difference in the exported files of the two plugin versions seems to be that the nextgen exporter (where uv coord loading does not work) does not include this:
    <library_visual_scenes>
        <visual_scene id="MaxScene">
          <node id="node-Scene_Root" name="Scene_Root">
            <node id="node-Box01" name="Box01">
              <translate>0.670898 2.52872 0</translate>
              <instance_geometry url="#geom-Box01">
                <bind_material>
                  <technique_common>
                    <instance_material symbol="_1_-_Default_1" target="#_1_-_Default-material">
    ------------------------------------ vvvvv----------------------------
                    <bind_vertex_input semantic="CHANNEL2" input_semantic="TEXCOORD" input_set="2"/>
                    <bind_vertex_input semantic="CHANNEL1" input_semantic="TEXCOORD" input_set="1"/>
    ----------------------------------- AAAAA --------------------------
                    </instance_material>
                  </technique_common>
                </bind_material>
              </instance_geometry>
            </node>
          </node>
        </visual_scene>
      </library_visual_scenes>

When I include it, everything seems to work correctly.
    Is this a bug? Or is the OSG loader ignoring something important?

If you want I can include the working and non-working files.

Thank you.

• wooyay

wooyay - 2009-04-23

I posted to the OpenSceneGraph list to check if this is a fault in the exporter or in the importer:
      http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=2340

• Mark T

Mark T - 2009-06-29

I've seen other things that work in 3.05 that are broken in NextGen, I'm not sure that this is the forum for NextGen, because I never really get any responses to stuff here when I ask about NextGen.  For me, I actually took the 3.05B source code, and converted it to Max 2010, and everything I need works great that way.

Or is there some other reason that you don't want to use 3.05B?

• wooyay

wooyay - 2009-05-05

OK, so OpenSceneGraph insists on <bind_vertex_input> being present. Any chance of including this in the collada exporter?

• wooyay

wooyay - 2009-06-29

Hi, this is still an issue. Can someone comment on this?

• Neo Tanium

Neo Tanium - 2009-09-22

Sadly, I can't get 3.05B or 3.05C to work on 3dsmax 2009, it gives me an error code while loading 3dsmax:
    DLL &lt;C:\program files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\PlugIns\ColladaMax.dle&gt; failed to initialize. Error code 126 -  The specified module could not be found.

I am currently using Windows 7, I can't get 3dsmax 2008 to run correctly on Windows seven, which is what I use to use.

So, right now I am stuck having to manually open the .DAE files each time to add the &lt;bind_vertex&gt; tag to the file, then save it, so that the textures appear correctly in the game I am importing it on.

Any advice on how to by-pass having to manually edit the files each time would be very welcome.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks