linux compiling errors

Help
2010-05-06
2013-05-01
  • Nadia Robertini

Nadia Robertini - 2010-05-06

Hello everybody,
    first of all I want to thank you for this awesome library, that is exactly what I was looking for. Actually I'm running it on windows because linux doesn't seem to like it. Heres my linux system and package informations:

uname -a:
    Linux vegeta 2.6.31-21-generic #59-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 24 07:28:27 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    (Ubuntu 9.10)

gcc -version:
    gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9) 4.4.1

make -version:
    GNU Make 3.81

dpkg -l nvidia-cg-toolkit:
    nvidia-cg-tool 2.1.0017.deb1  NVIDIA Cg Toolkit Installer

dpkg -l libxml2-dev:
    libxml2-dev    2.7.5.dfsg-1ub Development files for the GNOME XML library

dpkg -l libpcre3-dev:
    libpcre3-dev   7.8-3          Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library

dpkg -l dpkg -l libboost-filesystem-dev:
    libboost-filesystem- 1.38.1               filesystem operations in C++ (default version)

And here some compilation errors.
    ../COLLADA-DOM$ make -f Makefile.linux

In file included from include/1.4/Crt/CrtScene.h:11,
                     from src/Crt/1.4/CrtSceneRead.cpp:16:
    include/Crt/CrtAnimation.h:23: error: ‘string’ was not declared in this scope

src/Crt/1.4/CrtSceneRead.cpp:1239: error: assignment of read-only location ‘*(((daeSmartRef<domInputLocal>*)((domInputLocal_Array*)input_array)->daeTArray<T>::operator (((long unsigned int)i)))->daeSmartRef<T>::operator-> ()->domInputLocal::getSemantic() + ((long unsigned int)((long unsigned int)new_sampler->CrtAnimSampler::inputs)))’

src/Crt/1.4/CrtSceneRead.cpp:1249: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char’ to ‘CrtAnimSampler*’

src/Crt/1.4/CrtSceneRead.cpp:1396: error: invalid conversion from ‘CrtAnimSrc*’ to ‘char’

src/Crt/1.4/CrtSceneRead.cpp:1741: error: request for member ‘size’ in ‘((CrtScene*)this)->CrtScene::Controllers.std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::operator (((long unsigned int)i))->CrtController::skeletons’, which is of non-class type ‘int’
    src/Crt/1.4/CrtSceneRead.cpp:1743: error: invalid types ‘int’ for array subscript

…and other similar issues.
    I know my 64 bit based system could be the cause of lots of these errors…

cheers.

• Nadia Robertini

Nadia Robertini - 2010-05-08

Hello again,
    I have resolved.

First: I forgot to install a library: libboost-dev (quite important!)
    But now the link phase fail with some errors:
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbulletopenglsupport
    ecc…

The problem is that you include 32-bit binary libraries that of course can't be built within a 64 bit based system!
    I should now built and place correctly all that included libraries on my own, but it's really a waste of time.

I tried to built it on a 32 bit based system (Ubuntu 9.04) and it works just fine.

Can you please include a README note specifying that the release can be built only on 32 bit based systems?
    That could have saved lots of my and others time.

Thank you.
    Cheers.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks