EXC_BAD_ACCESS

Help
Ed Welch
2008-10-29
2013-05-01
  • Ed Welch

Ed Welch - 2008-10-29

I get a EXC_BAD_ACCESS from gbd when I run on a mac leopard build.
    I followed these instructions:
    http://www.collada.org/mediawiki/index.php/DOM_guide:_Setting_up#Mac
    Then, I tried changing -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG_PEDANTIC, but still same problem. (by the way xcode did not put those macros into the project settings in my case)

• Steven Thomas

Steven Thomas - 2008-10-29

> Then, I tried changing -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG_PEDANTIC, but still same problem.

So these settings are completely removed from your Xcode project? Just to be sure, you should open up the project in a text editor and search for GLIBCXX_DEBUG. I found that Xcode was putting these flags in the target settings rather than the normal project settings, so I missed them when I first looked.

Also, when exactly are you getting the EXC_BAD_ACCESS error? Step through in the debugger to see. If it's GLIBCXX_DEBUG causing the problem you should get a crash when the DOM accesses an STL object, like a map. If you're getting the error somewhere else it could be a different problem entirely.

Steve

• Ed Welch

Ed Welch - 2008-10-29

Hi Steve,
        Thanks for the answer.
        I can't get the text editor to open the .xcodeproj file.
        The EXC_BAD_ACCESS error happens crash when I call this line:

DAE dae;
        domCOLLADA* pRoot = dae.open(strFileName);

• Ed Welch

Ed Welch - 2008-10-30

You are right xcode had those symbols in there, even though they weren't in the setting dialog and getting rid of them fixed it. Thanks for the help

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks