Swap-signature error and fedora core

Help
2004-05-25
2013-05-09
  • Paul Gittings

Paul Gittings - 2004-05-25

I thought I had followed the Colinux install instructions correctly, but when I boot colinux with the Fedora RC1 core I noticed I was getting "Swap-space signature" error.  I double checked the colinux config file and I seemed to have set everything correctly.

To "fix" the problem,  I logged in as root and ran:
        "fdisk /dev/codb7"
    /dev/codb76 corresponding to the device I had configured for the swap space in the colinux config file.

fdisk reported that it had fixed a thing or two but hadn't written changes. Entering a "w" at the Fdisk promopt worte the changes.

I than ran:
         "mkswap /dev/codb7"
    I then shut down the system with
       telinit 0
    and when I brought it back up again the problem was gone.

My knowledge of Linux is limited, so my question is, did I do the right thing?

Ta,
    Paul

• Paul Gittings

Paul Gittings - 2004-05-27

A much better description of what to do (which doesn't include as many typos as my late night effort above), can be found at:

http://www.colinux.org/wiki/index.php/AddSwapPartition

Paul

• Paul Gittings

Paul Gittings - 2004-05-27

• xisque

xisque - 2004-09-23

I try to run fedora core with 62, but I got the same swap-signture problem, I cant even use fdisk with that partition.
      So, I try to use a Debian swap partition (that one wich we must download to make debian work with colinux) and now everything is fine. Maybe the swap file which comes with colinux-fedora-core package have a little problem.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks