Debian 6.0 Squeeze image

eadmaster
2011-02-09
2013-05-09
  • eadmaster

eadmaster - 2011-02-09

This is now the latest stable release of Debian.

• st2k

st2k - 2011-03-28

I created a Debian 6.0 (squeeze) image file for coLinux-0.7.8. If you are interested, download it from
    http://tamaru.homeip.net/~shingo/squeeze.7z
    and try.

I am not Linux savvy so what I did may contain some errors or mistakes. If you have any comments on this file, please let me know.

• ZELJKO BLACE

ZELJKO BLACE - 2011-05-02

Hi!
    I just installed co-Linux-0.7.9 on my WinXP laptop with WiFi connection (but without downloading the image).
    Then I started it in c://coLinux/ with your files and it works!
    …well sort of…
    i am in room command line and wanted to apt-get few things,
    but I do not have network running automatically :-(
    Where should I look for info on how to set it up?

Best Zeljko

• Henry N.

Henry N. - 2011-05-02

The answer please see in Userlist

• Henry N.

Henry N. - 2011-12-18

Hello,

thanks for the image.

Have fixed the problem with udev net rules, removed temporally *.deb files with "apt-get clean" and fixed the download URL in /etc/apt/sources.list

The new image is available on SF here in the project files Debian 6.0 Squeeze

• st2k

st2k - 2011-12-24

Thanks henryn for fixing the network problem, and uploading the new image file to SF repository.
    I have deleted my image file.

I apologize if some people out there downloaded my image file, and wasted your time due to the network problem.

• River~~

River~~ - 2012-03-02

Big thanks to st2k for preparing this download, and to henryn for adding the final touches.

Also I would like to mention an excellent article in the current Linux Magazine, issue 136, March 2012, pp 38-41, which is an excellent tutorial that uses this download together with colinux, vming, and pulsaudio to get a sound-and-graphics linux gui running on Windows.

OK, speedlinux or andlinux will both do that for you, but you won't learn so much about how to use colinux in the more general case - the magazine article is just the right balance between being easy enough to do in an afternoon, and fiddly enough to teach you how to go forward.

So big thanks also to Henry Nestler and Guilherme Chehab for the tutorial.

And unless there is a huge coincidence in the names, I think I have just thanked somebody twice here :)

I tried to get colinux going some years back and never got anywhere; with this combination of online resources and paper tutorial I have finally got far enough up the colinux learning curve to keep going.

River~~

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks