to download ubuntu8colinux.rar file.
Cooperative Linux is the first working free and open source method for optimally running Linux on Microsoft Windows natively.
More generally, Cooperative Linux (short-named coLinux) is a port of the Linux kernel
that allows it to run cooperatively alongside another operating system on a single machine. For instance,
it allows one to freely run Linux on Windows 2000/XP,
without using a commercial PC virtualization software such as VMware,
in a way which is much more optimal than using any general purpose PC virtualization software.
colinux Root FS image for ubuntu8.04
1. execute stable-coLinux-20080416.exe to install on c:\colinux folder or other folder.
2. extract ubuntu8colinux.rar to D:\
3. run cai.bat on d:\ubuntu8colinux folder.
4. ID/passwd is root/root
5. you can install ubuntu softwares with apt-get install xxx/apt-get update/apt-get upgrade
6. It is a tips, if you use local install ubuntu package.
Please use below steps:
(1)You can copy *.deb file to d:\ubuntu8colinux\xfs folder on the windows
(2) mv /opt/*.deb /var/cache/apt folder in the colinux command line.
(3) apt-get xxx package name to install ubuntu packages.
Detail to access http://www.colinux.org
other documents: to download ubuntu8colinux.cai.rar file from http://groups.google.com/group/iyaf site.
downloades do nor work any more, get DNS error.
The file exist in the google groups, on the alternate link:
But, it is not a complete root filesystem for ubuntu8. It contains only a coLinux- and Xming- installer and some empty filesystems, and a description how to install or upgrade to Ubuntu 8.04
Sorry, but server http://www.fs2you.com/ is unaccesible.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.