i've upgraded my really old colinux install to the lastest develoment snapshot (20090315 and 20090305 for modules and kernel).
Trying to setup networking i've seen that using pcap-bridge or ndis-bridge doesn't let me to connect to the colinux machine:
- if i try to do a ping from colinux to host machine all goes ok
- if i try to do a ping from my host machine to colinux all goes ok
- if i try to download something from the web server that resides on host machine or from internet trought colinux (using wget for example) all goes ok
- if i try to connect to a netcat server or an openssh server that resieds on colinux from the host machine it doesn't do anything.
- if i try to connect to a netcat server or an openssh server that resides on colinux from a machine in the lan all goes ok
Doing more tests revealed that the problem is with TCP packets because i tried to set up a netcat udp server on port 53 and testing it trought nslookup shows that colinux machine recived the request.
I get the same problem using ndis-bridge and using pcap-bridge: from kernel messages all seems to be ok!