Menu

European Players

Help
Arathrael
2006-02-06
2013-04-17
  • Arathrael

Arathrael - 2006-02-06

The program works fine with the European CoH client. But there is one potential problem:

When registering, it won't let you have a global name if it's already in use. Which would be fine and sensible, except that the US and the EU servers don't share a global namespace, so it's actually possible that two different users might have the same global name. This could go both ways of course, if an EU player registers before a US player with the same name. There's also potential communication problems if someone tries to send a message to someone on the other side, as it were.

Not sure how easy it'll be with your design, but I'd suggest adding the option to select locality (US, EU, etc.) with the global name check modified accordingly. You could also pick it up from the characters' servers.

By the by, should you want to really make the EU feel loved and have the EU server status on the site, there's a rss feed at http://eu.cityofheroes.com/server_status.rss :-)

• pudds

pudds - 2006-02-06

Excellent, I will do that.  I hadn't even considered the EU side of things :)

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that word spread over there tho :D