Error in tempdir() message??

Help
2006-06-09
2013-06-03
  • Johnny Leitrim

Johnny Leitrim - 2006-06-09

I am using codestriker with ClearCase, and when I click on the "Parallel" link of a file diff from the topic page, I get the following error:

-------------
    Software error:

Error in tempdir() using \\XXXXXXXXXX: Could not create directory \\kFdRqDq0iL: Invalid argument at C:/tools/codestriker-1.9.1/bin/../lib/Codestriker/Repository/ClearCaseSnapshot.pm line 41
    --------------

I've tried changing the $tmpdir value in codestriker.conf to many different values, but nothing seems to work: I always get the same error message with the "blank path".

Any Ideas?
    John.

• Johnny Leitrim

Johnny Leitrim - 2006-06-09

I modified ClearCaseSnapshot.pm and changed the line:

my $tempdir = tempdir();

to:

# Create a temporary directory to store the results of 'cleartool get'.
          my $tempdir;
          if (defined $Codestriker::tmpdir && $Codestriker::tmpdir ne "") {
              $tempdir = tempdir(DIR => $Codestriker::tmpdir, CLEANUP => 1);
          } else {
              $tempdir = tempdir(CLEANUP => 1);
          }

Once I did this, and I defined $tmpdir, it worked for me.

• David Sitsky

David Sitsky - 2006-06-10

Hi John,

You beat me to the punch - I saw this bug as well.  Am committing to CVS now - thanks for your report.

Cheers,
        David

• Azad

Azad - 2006-06-13

Question:
      can't it be also your tempdir who has restrictions ?
      I first had the same problem, but when I gave the good rights to this directory, it was ok...
      Maybe, it's not a real bug, but only a directory where you don't have the good rights, no ?

• David Sitsky

David Sitsky - 2006-06-13

In this case, it was a bug in the ClearCase repository, not using Codestriker's $tmpdir configuation variable.

You are right - in some other situations (most in fact), errors are due to the web-server user not having permissions to create temporary files in the nominated directory.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks