Help - forgot to load "smtp"?

Help
sodar
2007-11-30
2013-06-03
  • sodar

sodar - 2007-11-30

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed codestriker yesterday. It's so great!

But when I create a new topic, the system always report me an error message like this:

----------------------------------------------------
    Software error:
    Can't locate object method "message" via package "smtp" (perhaps you forgot to load "smtp"?) at D:/codestriker-1.9.4/bin/../lib/Codestriker/TopicListeners/Email.pm line 509, <fh00001D%3A\a.txt> line 272.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@domain.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

I have configed the Email part in "codestriker.conf" as this:
    $mailhost = '192.168.0.254';
    $mailuser = 'codestriker';
    $mailpasswd = 'codestriker';

Anyone give me some advice? Thanks very much!

sodar
    2007-11-29

• David Sitsky

David Sitsky - 2007-11-30

Hmmm - that is annoying.  That line corresponds to an error, something has gone wrong when your email message was being sent.

Check your codestriker config so that it is connected to a valid email server.  Your apache error log file may have more clues.

Cheers,
      David

• David Sitsky

David Sitsky - 2007-11-30

Hi - I actually noticed a typo in Email.pm.  Can you open up D:/codestriker-1.9.4/bin/../lib/Codestriker/TopicListeners/Email.pm, go to line 509, and replace:

$smtp->ok() || return "Couldn't send email $!, " . smtp->message();

with

$smtp->ok() || return "Couldn't send email $!, " . $smtp->message();

Do the same a few more lines below.  Restart apache, then you should see a better error message.  Does your email server really require a username/password to connect with?

Anyway - the error message should now have more info.  Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
      David

• sodar

sodar - 2007-12-03

Hi David:

I have fixed the issue, but still no email sent out. The error message is:
      Couldn't send email , Enter mail, end with . Message does not conform to standards

Topic created
      Topic title: Review accies.cpp
      Author: sundongxu@rd.cnbp
      Topic URL: http://dev/codestriker/codestriker.pl?topic=6671752&action=view
      Email has been sent to: sundongxu@rd.cnbp, webmaster@rd.cnbp

'192.168.0.254' is my email server address. My email server really don't need SMTP authentication. I commented out 'mailuser' and 'mailpasswd' line, but the error still on.

I'm not so familiar with Perl, I'm sorry for can't supply more detail information.

Best Regards,
      Sodar

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks