View File Diffs Directly From Comment List

2008-09-18
2013-06-03
  • Christian Eitner

Hello,

While viewing a topic's comments, would it be technically feasible to bring up a file's diff (as shown when viewing the Topic Text and reviewing the code) in a popup window (as provided by the 'Parallel' link with SCM integration)? The shown link could be named differently (e.g., 'Show diff') to avoid confusion with the existent ones.

The diff information is there, the rendering is there, and the advantage would be complete independence from any SCM (in my environment, the Codestriker server does not have any SCM connection). Not being able to view the file via a direct link slows down the answering of comments considerably (because the contextual information is missing). Now, a second browser window has to be opened, and the browsing to the relevant file has to be done manually.

Thanks for your consideration,

Christian

• David Sitsky

David Sitsky - 2008-09-22

Hi Christain,

Sorry for the delay - I've been away on holidays.

Your request makes sense, and it shouldn't be that hard to implement.  I'll try and squeeze it in for the upcoming 1.9.7. release.

Cheers,
      David

• David Sitsky

David Sitsky - 2008-09-27

Hi Christain,

This has been implemented - thankfully it was pretty easy.  If you like, you can try it out using what is in CVS now, or wait until 1.9.7 in the next week or so.

Cheers,
        David

• Christian Eitner

Dear David,

No problem :-)

I'm looking forward to version 1.9.7.

Cheers,

Christian

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks