Tunnel Active indicator and firewall proxy

metahome
2012-07-18
2014-02-25
  • metahome

metahome - 2012-07-18

Nice little app.

It would be great to have an indication that a tunnel is active, for example a change in colour of the icon or (a la Meerkat) a digit next to the icon showing how many tunnels are active.

It would also be very useful to have the ability for each tunnel to set a proxy to route the tunnel through (i.e. -o ProxyCommand /usr/bin/nc -X connect -x myfirewall:8080 %h %p)

• Troydm

Troydm - 2012-07-18

Thx,

Regarding the icon i'm planning to add something like that in future releases, however i don't have much free time now to work on it

Well regarding the proxy you can set all kinds of advanced options using Additional Arguments option in Tunnel settings however hard coding that kinda of functionality is not right way coz most ppl don't use such options, so just use Additional Arguments option

• Greg Tebbutt

Greg Tebbutt - 2014-02-23

Hi Troydm. I'm guessing that you do the support for Coccinellida. We have been using it for about 3 months but recently upgraded our Apple server to OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). When we start our only tunnel, it starts OK and then we get some little status screens, saying Tunnel Started, then Tunnel Established, then Tunnel Stopped. If we leave it, it just cycles throughout these statuses. I checked on google but didn't find anything regarding a problem between Coccinellida and Mavericks. Hope you can help!

• Troydm

Troydm - 2014-02-25

Hi Greg,

Check that you have ssh utility in PATH and your Tunnel is starting without problem from command line, also try running your tunnel command with -v flag in order to see if it is actually successfully connecting to the remote server

Last edit: Troydm 2014-02-25

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks