Problem with COBOS 3.0

Help
Raveendra
2013-07-17
2013-07-17
  • Raveendra

Raveendra - 2013-07-17

I have downloaded after registering myself on COBOS website. I have followed exact instructions. There are two problems.
    1. Whenever I click on project folder or any COBOL file, I will get the following message "Building the workspace' has encountered a problem.Error occurred during build. Inside the message says, Error running the builder'COBOL Builder' on project ..
    2. How to create copy books ? No special editor is provided for copybooks.
    3. Is there any option where I want to compile but not link the source code ?
    4. What should we do after demo license is expired. Currently, I am working for a company as a researcher but I am planning to write some cobol code for my research. The license only outline terms ..but nothing more than that .. no license file is given. What is expected to do after demo license is expired ?

• Olivier Boiteux

Olivier Boiteux - 2013-07-17

Thank you for your interest in Cobos.
      You will find the answers bellow for each question :
      1. I need more specific details. Wich project ? Did you create a COBOL Project ? Please, use a General purpose Project.
      2. Copybooks are treated as COBOL programs; Please, use the same editor. I recommend using .cpy as file extension.
      3. Yes, it is called Check Syntax ( in Cobos Menu in Cobos Perspective)
      4. You should buy the product to obtain a permanent or temporary license.
      As you can see in
      http://metrixware.com/cobos-ide-mainframe-opensource/cobos-ide-mainframe-opensourcepricing-and-features/,
      tell us what features you need. I guess it is Cobos Core indeed and local program build ?

Last edit: Olivier Boiteux 2013-07-17

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks