Automatically enable/disable or switch proxy?

Help
2011-04-02
2013-12-22
  • Wai-yin Leung

Wai-yin Leung - 2011-04-02

Hi all,

I have been using Cntlm together with Dropbox in Windows at work for years.  No problems at all.  Great piece of software, well done devs.

However, recently I've started working from home a few days a week, so obviously Cntlm isn't going to find the proxy server, rendering Dropbox unusable if I am not in the office.

So I am wondering, is there any way to automatically enable/disable or switch proxy in Cntlm, preferable based on IP? My home IP is 192.168.1.* and my work IP is 10.0.*.* so it would be perfect.

I have done something similar in Windows itself by creating a proxy.pac file, so I guess there must be a way to do so in Cntlm?

Please advise.

Thanks.

• David Kubicek

David Kubicek - 2012-03-18

A couple of features related to this convenience enhancement are planned and soon to be implemented. I expect 0.94 would be the milestone.

• Fernando Fernandez

I worked around this problem with squid: installed squid in my machine, along with cntlm (on another port) and added squid to the list of proxies in cntlm.conf, at the end.

At the office cntlm will find the corporate proxy and use it. At home, it wil use squid.

Hope this helps.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks