error "fe_interface.c", line 109: FFT: Number of points must be greater or equal to frame size (1230 samples)

Help
benpay
2014-07-24
2015-02-04
  • benpay

benpay - 2014-07-24

Hello, I followed the guide to setup the sphinx but if I put raspberry pi "pocketsphinx_continuous-samprate 16000/8000/48000" in the directory says pocketsphinx-0.8-bash me pocketsphinx_continuous: command not found, and if I put src / programs / -ERROR 48000 pocketsphinx_continuous samprate says, "fe_interface.c", line 109: FFT: Number of points must be Greater or equal to frame size (1230 samples). Is there any help?

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

Sorry, its hard to understand what is going on. Which command do you run exactly and what are the results you get? Overall, you can only process 16khz audio with pocketsphinx_continuous.

• benpay

benpay - 2014-08-05

I followed the guide of "https://sites.google.com/site/observing/Home/speech-recognition-with-the-raspberry-pi" and when i launch the command "src/programs/pocketsphinx_continuous -samprate 48000" the terminal send error ""fe_interface.c", line 109: FFT: Number of points must be Greater or equal to frame size (1230 samples)". How can i solve this error?

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

Add -nfft 2048

• CD1

CD1 - 2015-02-04

I am having the same error, except it is "(1200 samples)" instead of "(1230 samples)".
        How/where do I add -nfft 2048 ?

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

Depends on how do you use pocketpshinx.

If you run pocketsphinx in command line, then you can add it as a command line option:

pocketsphinx_continuous -nfft 2048

• benpay

benpay - 2014-08-15

That has solved my problem but now I have a doubt, says "Warning: Could not find element Capture", what does that mean?

• Nickolay V. Shmyrev

says "Warning: Could not find element Capture", what does that mean?

This warning tells you that your alsa setup doesn't have capture element. Due to that pocketsphinx can not configure proper recording level. It still would recognize though so you can just ignore the warning.

This warning has been removed in later version, you should probably use them instead.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks