clapas
2006-01-10
2013-04-02
  • clapas

clapas - 2006-01-10

Hello,
        After trying setting up things to emulate a Red Hat system, I got
    "
    Checking if PostgreSQL is running... done.
    Building PostgreSQL Enterprise Directory Structure... done.
    Install PostgreSQL JDBC Drivers... Decompressing PostgreSQL... done.
    Configuring PostgreSQL... ERROR!
    "
    while running the Pack Installation step of the install-linux.jar application.

Is it possible to install on a debian system?
    Any advice will be appreciated.

• jmcastro

jmcastro - 2006-02-21

see on install.log from path install for example: /home/postgres/kompiere
      I think what dont have readline libs or gcc compilers
      good luck..
      sorry for my english :)

• alberto

alberto - 2006-02-21

hi!

i have successfuly installed kompiere with postgres using the linux installer on a debian sarge.
        there is no need to "emulate" red hat.

the main postgres folder is located in /home/postgres/kompiere/e-database/8.0.3/

i cant look it up right now but besides that install.log file there is the postgres own log that is generated during the build process, possibly in the src sub-folder, if you dont find it grep for it. it should be there.

most probably you are missing come packages. it took me a few installation cycles to have all the needed packages installed on the system.

hope that helps.

• Nicolas Sanchez

Nicolas Sanchez - 2006-05-10

Hi, Alberto
      I have a lot of Pb too.
      Have you writed an install procedure please ?

I spent more than two weeks to install them (Debian, postgre, kompiere) and I'm not able to do it whith success. The different  installs I found in Internet show incompatibilities like paths.
      Espacially in postgresql and kompiere install paths (some parts of PostgreSQL are in Kompiere  directories, some parts of Kompiere are in PostgreSQL directories, so I have difficulties for identify where to intall src and binary...)

My configuration is Debian Sarge (31r2) & postgreSQL 8.0.3 SRC gz2 package (I have not found Debian packages) and after having installed postgreSQL (from src in /home/postgres/postgres-8.0.3) i have this error:
      "
      sauvegarde:/home/postgres/postgresql-8.0.3# su - postgres
      postgres@sauvegarde:~$ /home/postgres/postgresql-8.0.3/src/bin/initdb -D /home/postgres/postgresql-8.0.3/data
      -su: /home/postgres/postgresql-8.0.3/src/bin/initdb: is a directory
      "
      Here below the sites found for initdb
      "
      find -name initdb (from /)
      ./usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb
      ./home/postgres/postgresql-8.0.3/src/bin/initdb
      ./home/postgres/postgresql-8.0.3/src/bin/initdb/initdb
      "

In function of anterior errors messages, I  installed libedit2 and libedit-dev libraries ("readline" error) and zlib-bin, zlib-dev, zlibc (for a "zlib" error) in ./configure step. For information I used "make" in stead of "gmake". I receved numerous quantities of warnings (missing prototypes), but final msg is Ok. And "make install" step is Ok too.

So my questions are :
      What is this (newby) error ?
      Do you have a procedure, and in this case could you send us it ?
      Another way : Do you know a Debian package from postgresql version (the more recent possible) and of curse usable with Kompiere ?

Thanks for your patience and support
      Nicolas

• alberto

alberto - 2006-05-10

I stopped using Kompiere because of the problems with the harddrive running full of logfiles (see other thread in the forums).

Anyway, i download the linux installer from e-evolution which sets up everything (postgres compiere etc.) on your machine.

It looks like you are installing postgres on your own and then trying to put kompiere on top of it, so i cannot help you. I've never done that.

Cheers.
      Alberto.

• Nicolas Sanchez

Nicolas Sanchez - 2006-05-11

Ok, thank you for your help. So I'll try to explore  this (i.e. the linux installer).
        Nicolas.

• Nicolas Sanchez

Nicolas Sanchez - 2006-05-12

Hello to everybody,

So i try to install the install-linux.jar, and I got this : "Building PL/Java... ERROR!".

It would be great if anyone could tell me how (or where to find explainations) in order to change or create corrects path and also environment variables (because i think it is the source of the Pb)

And more important what environment variable is exactly to be adding (i.e the name and the path for each)

For debug informations :
      I have yet these (in the /etc/environment file) :
      JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.5.0_06
      JAVA_BIN=/opt/jdk1.5.0_06/bin
      Plus links from usr/local/bin/java and jar to respectively  /opt/jdk1.5.0_06/bin/java and jar
      I install the jar file from /opt to the directory who was prompted in the install program (i.e. /var/lib/postgres/kompiere)
      And my PATH is : 
      /usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11

Thanks,
      Nicolas.

• alberto

alberto - 2006-05-12

if i remember correctly there are a few logfiles somewhere in /home/postgres/... assuming you are installaing with user postgres.

There you will have to look for errors during the build process, mostly unresolved dependencies of packages you need to install postgres, pl/java, etc.

Good luck!

• Nicolas Sanchez

Nicolas Sanchez - 2006-05-16

Hello, everybody. I carry on whith my install Pb, if anyone have idéas.

Well, I have finely installed Kompiere. To do that, i have to re-instal JDK whith the "alternatives" cmd (after having create .deb package with fakeroot make-jpkg sun_jdk15.bin)

I just have to manualy create COMPIERE_HOME=/home/postgres/kompiere/Kompiere2 in /etc/environment (because Compiere client was asking for it), and to chose others ports because apache/ssl where running too in 80.

So it was working fine ... ONE TIME yesterday !!!

And today as i want to re-run compiere (after having shutting down the machine) I've got plenty of errors/warning (see above), and postgreSQL IS NOT RUNNING (verif whith "ps" cmd).

I try to have the same config that the install one : in root : xhost + ; su postgres ; utils/RUN_Server2.sh ...

The First error is  :
        ERROR [HypersonicDatabase] Starting failed jboss:service=Hypersonic,database=localDB
      java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@60 15b620[file =/home/postgres/kompiere/Kompiere2/jboss/server/compiere/data/hypersonic/localDB.lck, exists=tr ue, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/postgres/kompiere/Kompiere2/ jboss/server/compiere/data/hypersonic/localDB.lck (Permission denied)
              at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

And the last line is :
      INFO  [Server] JBoss SHUTDOWN: Undeploying all packages
      Proces stopped.

So :
      - Does PostreSQL have to be run before ?
      - (Is it possible that Apache or Webmin interfere in any way ?) 
      - Does someone see where the PB could be ?
      And finely,
      - What to do, to run the server at boot ?

Thank for any kind of help.
      Nicolas.

• Nicolas Sanchez

Nicolas Sanchez - 2006-09-05

I just want to say "think you" to all.
      Finaly Compière/Oracle was used in order to keep Debian Sarge.
      By.
      Nicolas.