Error starting Class org.compiere.mfg.process

Help
BjornMW
2006-05-02
2013-04-02
  • BjornMW

BjornMW - 2006-05-02

Hi everybody,

I am currently evaluating open source ERP systems in order to select and install a system in a German invested manufacturing company in China and realized that the basic Compiere would not support our poroduction processes enough. Therefore I am really impressed by the extensions and modifications done by you guys, at least from what I have read and seen in the flash demos on www.e-evolution.com.mx

I have set up the system on Windows 2000 Server with Oracle 10.201g Database from OTN and restored the database as described in this forum. So far everything seems to run fine, no errors at start-up.

But when I try to use the new modules as presented in the flash video I get errors for many of the new menus.

For example:

Manufacturing -> Manufacturing Rules -> Bill of Material & Formulas -> Multi Level BOM & Formula

=> Error starting Class org.compiere.mfg.process.PrintBOM

LOG:
    *** 2006-05-02 12:59:04.765 Compiere Log (CLogConsole) ***
    12:59:04.562 Compiere.startup: Compiere(r) Release 2.5.2d_2005-05-05 - Smart ERP
    & CRM - (c) 1999-2005 Compiere (r); Implementation: e-Evolution,S.C. 20050627-1
    003 - Supported [11]
    12:59:04.562 Compiere.startup: E:\Compiere2 - Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.5.0_0
    6-b05 - Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4 [11]
    12:59:04.562 Ini.loadProperties: E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Compier
    e.properties #31 [11]
    ===========> ProcessCtl.startProcess: org.compiere.mfg.process.PrintBOM [14]
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.compiere.mfg.process.PrintBOM
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
            at org.compiere.apps.ProcessCtl.startProcess(ProcessCtl.java:437)
            at org.compiere.apps.ProcessCtl.run(ProcessCtl.java:225)

/Bjorn

• Victor Perez Juarez

Hi!

You need to do RUN_setup.sh, beacuse Compiere are find CMPCS.jar org.compiere.mfg.process.PrintBOM

Please check if your CLASSPATH have CMPCS.jar into RUN_Compiere2.sh

Cheers
      Victor Perez
      www.e-evolution.com

• BjornMW

BjornMW - 2006-05-03

Thanks!! As the availability of information / support was one of my biggest concerns for open source software I am impressed by the quick help.

Summary for others with same problem:

I had run RUN_setup.bat (Windows) and CMPCS.jar was in the SET CLASSPATH=... of RUN_Compiere2.bat.

So then I also added a new environment variable in Windows Server (My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables):
        name CLASSPATH, value "....Compiere2\lib\CMPCS.jar" which helped.

/Bjorn