Menu

Disabling or escaping replacement macros

Help
Jeff
2013-04-22
2013-06-03
  • Jeff

Jeff - 2013-04-22

We have encountered some issues where we're editing files on multiple nodes in a cluster and doing so via cssh to ensure continuity.  Is there a flag to pass to cluster ssh (or a key sequence to enter into the command window) to prevent it from replacing %s with the hostname when that sequence is pasted into the command window?

• Duncan Ferguson

Duncan Ferguson - 2013-04-24

Easiest thing to do would be to amend that shortcut within the $HOME/.clusterssh/config file

Duncs

• Jeff

Jeff - 2013-04-24

Thanks for the prompt response!

I happen to be using the packaged version in the ubuntu repositories.  The man pages specifcy a .csshrc file but not .clusterssh/config and aren't specific about how one would go about altering the shortcut.  Would you be so kind as to elaborate?  I could also modify the scirpt itself but just wanted to make sure there wasn't an existing mechanism for this.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

• Duncan Ferguson

$HOME/.csshrc is from an older version of clusterssh (the newer 4.0 series is in testing I believe).

In your case the easiest option would probably be to edit cssh itself and amend %s in the code.

Duncs

• Duncan Ferguson

I think this can be improved code-wise; I'll see if I can implement something for v4

Duncs

• Jeff

Jeff - 2013-04-25

This issue comes up fairly infrequently so for the times when we need it NOT to do this we can just comment out the regex in the script.

Thanks so much for your help. 

This is a great tool and we appreciate your support!