About clown pdf page item IDs

Help
fuyuan
2012-01-12
2013-01-26
  • fuyuan

fuyuan - 2012-01-12

I like to know about how can i get the order of items and their respective IDs that are shown in a particular page. Given that there are three objects, with the text shown first followed by two images, how can I gain access to the order they are shown. Am i able to tap into any similar functionality within the library?

I've looked through the src code and documentation but can't find any. Appreciate any help.
    Thanks.

• Stefano Chizzolini

Your question is somewhat ambiguous: when you ask about content item "IDs" are you referring to PDF's interchange facilities (logical structure and marked content) or are you (wrongly) assuming that page contents have plain&simple IDs like (say) HTML page counterparts do?

Anyway, if you need to parse page contents, then ContentScanner  is your class - you can find plenty of examples among the samples included in the downloadable distribution, such as ContentScanningSample.

Let us know if you have any further doubt.
    Stefano

http://clown.sourceforge.net/docs/api/org/pdfclown/documents/contents/ContentScanner.html

• fuyuan

fuyuan - 2012-01-14

i'm new to pdf and I wanted to import a pdf into an application in the correct order like which items come first. Sorry if i'm unclear.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks