Clown and VB.net

kkazinski
2009-07-02
2013-01-26
  • kkazinski

kkazinski - 2009-07-02

I tried to use the DLL in a VB.net project.

I tried to convert the sample in the users guide but could get the funciton file.getDocument() to show up in intelisense.

I could not convert the C# sample to a working program so I must be missing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

I

• Stefano Chizzolini

User guide code examples are expressed in Java language; anyway, the translation to other languages is quite simple, as PDF Clown's API is the same for different platforms (there are just idiomatic differences, such as getters/setters, common standard interfaces like collections and maps and so on). For example, when you see the property getter file.getDocument(), its .NET version is simply file.Document

If you want to use the C# samples converting them to VB.NET, I can suggest you to start with the simplest (HelloWorldSample.cs), removing any reference to ISample and SampleLoader (you don't really need them, they are just infrastructure helpers -- keep in mind you only have to take care to replace the loader.Serialize() call with the actual operation).

I hope this helps... :-)
      Stefano

• kkazinski

kkazinski - 2009-07-05

I converted the text extraction program.  The only problem I had was with the line

dim info as Information

Information is a class and I am not sure what to do to resolve the problem.

• Stefano Chizzolini

Did you successfully converted the HelloWorldSample.cs *before* trying this one?

The TextExtractionSample.cs contains NO reference to Information class: what are you doing?

Please, be more specific or I won't be able to help you. :-)