Executing CloudMIG

Questions
Anonymous
2015-02-19
2015-02-24
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-02-19

Hi,

I want to execute CloudMIG on my machine in order to use it for a migration Project. The problem is, that it is not starting.

I am using Ubuntu 14.10 (x64) with a x64 Java version. When I start CloudMIG in the terminal I get the following output:

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: You have loaded library /home/didi/Downloads/CloudMIGXpress.0.5.0/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.1.100.v20110505/eclipse_1407.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
    It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.

As far as I found out, it might be a problem with a native 32-Bit java library that CloudMIG included. When I installed a Java 32 bit version and made it my default java version, CloudMIG did not respond with any output in the terminal.

What do you use for a java version to test it?

• Soeren Frey

Soeren Frey - 2015-02-19

Hi,

CloudMIG Xpress was developed and tested some time ago using Java 6 (32 Bit). CloudMIG Xpress' log file can be found under workspace/.metadata/.log

Best regards,
      Soeren

Last edit: Soeren Frey 2015-02-19
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-02-24

Thanks, I will have a look at it. So is there no current development anymore?

• Soeren Frey

Soeren Frey - 2015-02-24

CloudMIG Xpress was built as a tool to demonstrate the cloud migration approach CloudMIG and the effectiveness of the incorporated simulation-based genetic algorithm CDOXplorer. At the moment, further improvements are being developed on the basis of the current platform/technologies.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel