* This release of Clonezilla live (2.4.5-20) includes major enhancements and
bug fixes. *
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is
based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2016/Feb/03).
* Linux kernel was updated to 4.3.3-7. From Linux kernel v4, the default
union file system has been changed to overlay, therefore if you edit boot
parameter manually, you have to use "union=overlay". No more using
"union=aufs". Due to the linux kernel change in Debian repository, no
more i586 linux kernel, so now Debian-based Clonezilla live is only
released with 3 architectures: i686, i686-pae and amd64.
* Partclone was updated to 0.2.87-drbl2. A fat16 issue was fixed. Thanks to
Åukasz Stefanowicz for reporting this. (http://sourceforge.net/p/
* New file system nilfs2 is supported in this release.
* Now ocs-onthefly supports nvme device cloning, and can work for different
types of disk cloning, e.g. nvme0n1 -> sda or vice versa.
* Make ocs-install-grub run when it's a GPT disk with a special "bios_boot"
partition exists in the machine using legacy BIOS.
* By default the image integrity will be checked before restoring. The
option "-scr" can be used to skip this checking. Thanks to Nabi OUMAROV
(contact at nabioumarov com) for the feedback.
* The option "-sc" was replaced by "-scs" in drbl-ocs and ocs-sr. This will
be easier to tell the differences between saving and restoring image.
Option "-sc" is still working in the same way with "-scs", but might be
dropped in the future.
* Packages fatresize, nilfs-tools and fancontrol were added.
* Add removing swapfile.sys in ocs-rm-win-swap-hib. Thanks to Bartosz
BÄ torek batorek at gmail com> for suggesting this.
* The size with more than one partition not expanding should be added to
the later partition in ocs-expand-gpt-pt.
* "Shoutdown" should be "Desligar" in luanguage file pt_BR. Thanks to
Luciano (lboni2 at yahoo com br) for correcting this.
* Use parted to fill the last partitition to the end of disk because there
might be some resudial in the calculation of ocs-expand-gpt-pt. Thanks to
Conan for this suggestion. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/
* Avoiding TUI messages overriding the error messages in ocs-live-restore.
Thanks to Stew Fisher fisher at oncology ox ac uk> for reporting this
* Avoid using the preserved word of grub2 "prefix" in the grub.cfg. Thanks
to Joey3000. (https://github.com/stevenshiau/clonezilla/issues/13)
* Failed to deal with partition name with extra "p", like: cciss,
mmcblk, md, rd, ida, nvme, Thanks to quozl for reporting this
* Use fatresize to resize FAT file system instead of parted since resize
function is no more in parted >= 3. Thanks to quozl for reporting this
Log in to post a comment.