This release of Clonezilla live (2.4.2-10) includes major enhancements and bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
- The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2015/Jun/08).
- Linux kernel was updated to 4.0.2-1. The default union file system has been changed to overlay, therefore if you edit boot parameter manually, you have to use "union=overlay". No more using "union=aufs".
- Switched to use systemd instead of sysvinit. Following the way in upstream.
- Switched to use live-build/live-boot/live-config v4. All the boot parameters should remain the same. However, the boot parameter "components" introduced in live-boot v4 has to be added if you edit the boot parameters manually.
- Partclone was updated to 0.2.78.drbl1. A btrfs issue has been fixed, and an issue about imaging a partition >=16 TB was fixed. Thanks to Abdullayev Natiq (natiq2004 at yahoo com) for helping to solve it.
- Package drbl was updated to 2.15.14-drbl1, and clonezilla was updated to 3.16.10-drbl1.
- Syslinux was updated to 6.03+dfsg-7.
- Language files en_US, ca_ES, de_DE, es_ES, fr_FR, it_IT, ja_JP, and sk_SK were updated. Thanks to René Mérou, Michael Vinzenz, Juan Ramón Martínez, Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Gianfranco Gentili, Akira YOSHIYAMA, and Ondrej Dzivy Balucha.
- Language files for Hungarian were added. Thanks to Greg Marki (info.mlc at freemail hu) for providing the files.
Program util-linux was updated to 2.26.2-6. Due to the option "-R" is removed from "sfdisk", we now switch to use "blockdev --rereadpt". Thanks to Ismael (razzziel at users sf net) for reporting this.
- AWS S3 and OpenStack Swift resource are added in the image repositories list.
- Package gdisk was updated to 1.0.0-drbl1.
- Clonezilla live iso file is ready for uEFI booting for using dd command to put on USB flash drive.
- Adding a link file ocs-prep-home to prep-ocsroot.
- Adding a link file ocs-cvt-dev to cnvt-ocs-dev.
- A better mechanism to parse the PV was implemented. Thanks to Uditha De Silva.
- Program ocs-install-grub now could handle the grub boot loader on root partition instead of MBR.
- Package zbackup was added.
- Package tinc was added. Thanks to Michael Munger (michael at highpoweredhelp com) for suggesting this.
- Package cloudfuse was added.
- Package ifenslave, s3fs and ca-certificates were added in the packages list of Clonezilla live.
- Program ocs-onthefly failed to clone swap partition for GPT disk. Thanks to Uwe Dippel for reporting this issue. (https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Open_discussion/thread/907b3c87).
- The error "Unable to find target partition" on uEFI machine when restoring an image was fixed. Newer gdisk/sgdisk (1.0.0) fixes this issue.
Log in to post a comment.