This release of Clonezilla live (2.3.2-22) includes major enhancements and bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded.
This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2015/Feb/17).
* Linux kernel was updated to 3.16.7-ckt4-3.
* Package bindfs and ntpdate were added.
* Partclone was updated to 0.2.76.drbl1, and partclone-utils was updated to 0.3.1-drbl1.
* Package drbl was updated to 2.13.7-drbl1, and clonezilla was updated to 3.13.29-drbl1.
* Syslinux was updated to 6.03+dfsg-5.
* Languages files en_US, es_ES, it_IT, de_DE, sk_SK, ca_ES, ja_JP, and fr_FR were updated. Thanks to Juan Ramón Martínez,
Gianfranco Gentili, Michael Vinzenz, Ondrej Dzivy Balucha,
René Mérou, Akira YOSHIYAMA, and Jean-Francois Nifenecker.
* An encryption mechanism for Clonezilla image files was added.
* A boot parameter "ocs_dmesg_n" was added so that it can be used to set the level at which logging of messages is done to the console. If not assigned, prevents all messages, except emergency (panic) messages, i.e. n=1. Thanks to Greg Bell.
* With the workaround proposed by Thomas Tsai, now the image repository could be on WebDAV server.
* A file "dev-fs.list" containing device and file system list is added to Clonezilla image.
* Packages refit and gptsync were removed because they are not in Debian repository anymore.
* Now Clonezilla could be used to image Chromium OS or Chrome OS.
* The default volume size is now set as 4096 MB instead of 2000 MB.
* The option "-i, --image-size" description was added in the usage of ocs-sr. Thanks to Kirkx for this suggestion.
* The single white space for target_parts should be treated as
nothing. Thanks to Borksoft for reporting this issue.
* Pvcreate failed to create PV on a disk with existing
* The description about choosing image name in ocs-img-2-vdk
* Program ocs-img-2-vdk did not remove the temp downloaded clonezilla live iso.
* "utc=no" failed to set the correct local time zone for
system on Debian-based Clonezilla live. Thanks to rja for reporting this issue.
* The volume size unit is MB, while "M" (MiB) was used for split in ocs-cvtimg-comp.
* When checking if LVM exists in restoring, we should only
check that in the image dir, not in the local partitions layout.
* When no ethernet card exists, Clonezilla dialog menu was
not shown for Ubuntu-based Clonezilla live. Thanks to Naoyuki Tai for reporting this issue.
Log in to post a comment.