This release of Clonezilla live (1.2.9-19) includes major enhancements, changes and bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES:
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2011/Jul/22).
* Linux kernel was updated to 2.6.39-3.
* Partclone was updated to 0.2.24.
* Pbzip2 was updated to 1.1.4.
* Brazilian Portuguese language was added. Thanks to Marcos Pereira da Silva Cruz .
* The samba file system with hidden share now can be assigned in boot parameter "ocs_prerun". Thanks to nottaken37. (Ref: https://sourceforge.net/projects/clonezilla/forums/forum/663168/topic/4589215\)
* Xz compression instead of gzip method was used when making squashfs, therefore the Clonezilla live iso or zip file is smaller by ~ 31 MB.
* Program prep-ocsroot was improved to make mounting sshfs with an account name including white space.
* Remove the option "-b1024" for pbzip2 since the unit is 100K, -b1024 will use 1024*100K per thread, and this might cause system to crash due to out of memory for multiple cores. Without the option -b, the default value will be used. Thanks to Telligent for the bug report (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=671650&aid=3324096&group_id=115473).
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, if you manage the boot parameters by yourself, you have to put the extra boot parameter "config" or "live-config" to make live-config to work.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, due to the change in Live-boot, the boot parameter to assign static IP address has been changed. The new format is:
* A bug about failing to do disk to disk clone was fixed. Thanks to seagate-wdc for reporting this issue, and others for helping to confirm the issue and testing. (Ref: https://sourceforge.net/projects/clonezilla/forums/forum/663168/topic/4589758\)
Log in to post a comment.