Stable Clonezilla live 1.2.8-23 has been released.
This release of Clonezilla live includes major enhancements, changes and bug fixes.
MAJOR ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES:
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2011/Mar/28).
* Linux kernel was updated to 2.6.38-1.
* Partclone was updated to 0.2.22.
* Live-boot was updated to 2.0.15-1.drbl1, and live-config was updated to 2.0.15-1.drbl1.
* Language files were updated. Thanks to Alex Ibáñez López, Zhiqiang Zhang, Gianfranco Gentili, Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Akira YOSHIYAMA and Anton Pryadko.
* New packages were added: disktype, ufsutils
* Memtest86+ was updated to 4.20.
* A mechanism was added to check if the saved image is restorable.
* A better mechanism was added to deal with multiple slices of a BSD system.
* "noatime" and "nodiratime" options are now used when mounting file system in prep-ocsroot.
* The ocs_postrun boot parameter (and ocs_postrun1, ocs_postrun2, etc.) was added.
* By default partclone.dd is used instead of dd to process unknown file systems.
* The sgdisk program is used to process GPT by default. This makes the imaging and cloning of Mac OS better.
* The virtual block device (/dev/vd[a-z]) support was added. Thanks to Cyril Roos for providing patch.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, if you manage the boot parameters by yourself, you have to put the extra boot parameter "config" or "live-config" to make live-config to work.
* //NOTE// From Clonezilla live 1.2.6-24, due to the change in Live-boot, the boot parameter to assign static IP address has been changed. The new format is:
* An issue with restoring a small, freshly formatted filesystem has been fixed.
* A bug where ocs-get-part-info failed to remove a temp file in /tmp was fixed.
* The failure of the -hn0/-hn1 option in some cases was fixed.
* A bug was fixed in which multiple network cards did not honor the boot parameter of ethernet timeout
Log in to post a comment.