Menu

Clonezilla menu

fiftytwo
2009-07-14
2013-04-05
  • fiftytwo

fiftytwo - 2009-07-14

Hi

I've install drbl and clonezilla with the last stable version available on the website of clonezilla , everything ok , and i've suceed for the pxe boot , but when i run the clonezilla mode , i want save the disk image of my client , on the client screen i only have two options in the drbl menu " start x86 memory test " and " boot on the acutal OS ". I supposed it's in the configuration files but i don't know how can i check it

In the installation , there is an error , its about a missing file ( firstboot.DBN5.0.drbl ) , drbl says this file is missing and it use firstboot.default-DBN.drbl .

Do you think there is a link between those events ????

• fiftytwo

fiftytwo - 2009-07-14

drbl says too he don't have i586 package for my distribution , i'am on debian lenny !!! that's a problem if i use this OS or i must change ???

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2009-07-15

To start clonezilla mode, you have to run "/opt/drbl/sbin/dcs" -> "clonezilla-start" to start the clonezilla mode for clients.

If you can boot into DRBL client mode on your client machine, your installation should be OK.
        If not, please post the complete error messages when you run "drblsrv -i".

Steven.

• fiftytwo

fiftytwo - 2009-07-15

About running the "dcs" command , that's done !!! the ( drblsrv - i ), installation and ( push -i ) configuration don't show me any particular error message.

This morning i've changed my OS , because the packages for the version 5.0.2 of debian lenny don't exist.

Now i'am on Ubuntu server 9.04 , and like with debian i don't have any newerrors during the installation. But the problem of intel architectures packages , i386 and i586 is over.

For the configuration , i don't use dhcp , because it's a small network for test Clonezilla , i just use static adresses and in the real network we already have a dhcp server but in a tutorial , i've read that you need to declare the MAC adress of a client in the dhcpd.conf fileof Clonezilla .

And when i start the clonezilla expert mode , i've found a section which setup what the client can see in the menu ( memory test , clonezilla , free dos ) i set this part for enable all sections.

But in the end , i still have the default menu on my client screen , i've use another laptop with but it's the same result .

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2009-07-16

"I've read that you need to declare the MAC adress of a client in the dhcpd.conf fileof Clonezilla" -> No, it's not true. You can actually use the "range" option in dhcpd.conf, which is the default mode when you run "/opt/drbl/sbin/drblpush -i".
        Or maybe you can give unstable DRBL a try... There are some bugs fixed...

• fiftytwo

fiftytwo - 2009-07-16

About the mac address declaration , in my case t's just an option , not an oblogation

i  use it because i've declared the client in the dhcp configuration file of clonezilla like some people say , maybe it's a first step between me and my solution , actually i don't know how to feel it , so i try different ways to found what's going wrong

• fiftytwo

fiftytwo - 2009-08-04

i've found my solution , it's just because the dchp service won't start , but not that's an old story , i've apt-get the dhcpd3 server and everything ok !!!!!

at first i've use it in my testing network , and after it suceed , i've move the clonezilla server in the domain , and in Windows Server i've merge their dhcp configurations as you say !!!! thks !!!!

and it's done !!!! now i continue to test it , but the next step is to use clonezilla with floating adresses and maybe if i will get enough time for writing scripts for the automation of the installations !!!

in my society we have a ghost server for mac0S X clients , at launch you juste have to press N , two or three clicks , wait 15 minutes and it's ok !!!!! lol !!!! they want the same thing with Win XP clients !!!

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2009-08-04

Great! Nice to know Clonezilla SE is working there.
        BTW, did you see any error messages when you run "/opt/drbl/sbin/drblsrv -i" ? If dhcp3 package is not installed, it should have some error messages when you run it.

Steven.

• fiftytwo

fiftytwo - 2009-08-06

lol !!! yeah steven , clonezilla works , it's just because it's my tranning period , i'am a linux-rookie !!!

but now my problem is the integration !!!! we already have a dhcp server on Win2003 , so i've try your solution with @mac locking by static adresses , like that everything ok !!!!

but now the LAN administrator ask methe same thing with dynamic attribution ,  he dont want to enter the @mac in the win2003 dhcp server or in the clonezilla clients database for each computer of the company , it's impossible

• fiftytwo

fiftytwo - 2009-08-18

i've try the solution of : Karly De Baere , it's done , it's good but that's not a dynamic solution !!!!!

so , i've try to change the ports , 1067 and 1068 but etherboot wasn't a good solution , in my situation it's a waste of time ,

about ip adresses range in configuration of clonezilla , i wanna know how to change it

clonezilla allow to modify the last number of the range (ex : 10.0.0.X ) but our Win2003 dhcp server provides adresses like 10.0.2.X or 10.0.3.X

when i change the config files ( IP and HOST tables ) i've the full menu on my client , but in the end , i've the famous message

" unable to obtain IP adress via wired link [eth0]" suivi de "FATAL ERROR: Failed to mount root filesystem!!! "

Is there another file i need to change for the configuration of my clients .... ????

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2009-08-19

How did you change the "config files ( IP and HOST tables )" ?

Steven.